View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 15, 2017, 05:01pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky View Post
Not sure why you say this. The book mentions documentation and a waiver is certainly a form of documentation. Documentation can come in many, many different forms. The rule book is certainly not going to list every single piece of form so they use a broad term, "documentation". So, because the specific word "waiver" is not listed, would you accept an email/voice mail/hand-written note/text/etc from the state association? I am guessing that you would but those forms of documentation are not mentioned in the rule book.

(I have indeed used an email on my phone as a form of documentation to show a coach)
I am aware of what is not listed. We are to use prudent judgment while applying the rules. I believe that is what the state's position was. I don't judge the officials for making the ruling they did. I am simply saying what I would have done.

I am going to accept the fact that there is an exception to the rule and apply my own common sense that her religion requires her to cover her head. The game was not close and the coach wanted to let her play, so be it. No harm at all.

I am done with the thread. Have a wonderful day.