View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 15, 2017, 03:04pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deecee View Post
You're not asking to prove their religion, and the player is not being prohibited from playing because of her religion. You're asking that she has a waiver for you to put a rule aside and she can't play because she is wearing an illegal article. She can take it off and play, or get the waiver. Stop using freedom of religion as the basis for your argument. Also using, "in the state finals I saw illegal headbands" is also a bad argument here. How do you know that officials weren't reprimanded?

An official that follows the rules should never get reprimanded or made a scape goat.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
I am not using "freedom of religion" for anything. Common sense here is that there is a religious exception. She is wearing headgear that indicates her religion. I am not going to ask her to prove it. No where in the rule book am I required to ask to see a waiver. It says we shall not permit any team member to wear equipment or apparel, in my judgement, that is not appropriate. In my judgement she plays. Easy.

The point of me bringing up the headbands in the other game is that as long as no one make an issue out of it then it is not an issue.