View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 15, 2017, 08:09am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechanicGuy View Post
I agree 100%. If you look at 50 similar plays and they're ALL travels "in slow motion", then it shouldn't really require slow motion to identify anymore. I make this point every time someone says this in an area meeting.

But again, it falls on deaf ears and I'm not going to the only one calling them.
Agreed. But as you say unless everyone wants to call it that way then you aren't going to be the guy stuck doing jv girls games every Friday night because no one wants to work with/assign games to the guy who calls 40 travels when everyone else is calling 2.

There is also some concern always expressed about if it is a travel 9 out of 10 times, they would rather no call it 10 times then call it wrong once.

I see it the the other way that if I'm no calling it I am getting 9 wrong. I would rather get 1 wrong than 9 wrong. But my wife would tell me that just because I see it that way doesn't make it right (in fact her stance is that it generally means I'm wrong - who knew there was a correct way to put milk containers back in the fridge)

Me: Thanks, but why the big rush.

Coach: Oh I thought you must have a big date . . .we're not the only ones your planning on F$%&ing tonite are we!