View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 06, 2017, 01:36am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky View Post
Your profound use of pronouns is killing me. What is "it" in "However, if it didn't.."?
Oooo...grammar police. It is called a TYPO. Before you go criticizing someone's grammar, perhaps you should contribute something useful here.

FWIW, I had been referring to the ball where the use of it would have correct. I changed it to refer to the player instead but didn't do it completely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky View Post
The thrower is clearly OB when the ball is hit so if the defender did not reach over the line to hit the ball, then why would there be a T? In that case, the ball would be on the IB side and able to be struck legally by the defender, correct?
That is the big question. From the video, we can't tell where the ball was relative to the line. Yes, the thrower was OOB, but that is about all we can be sure of. I'd suggest that the C couldn't be sure of the position of the ball either for the same reasons. He was not in the right position to be able to see whether it was or wan't.

As for calling the T anyway, being OOB isn't enough for the throwin to start (and to start the 5 count). In this case, the thrower was just getting OOB and turned around. I would not have started the throwin yet. I would call a T if the defender slapped the ball out of his hands before the thrower could get the ball OOB, turned around and ready to may the throw....the same as if he were to knock it out of his hands when grabbing it out of the net.