View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 26, 2017, 11:13pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Oh I know. But that was for the benefit of those that try to act like high school is some pure and different level. I work for an assignor that assigns me both high school and college games. He is the head clinician in the state and told us flat out what we are to do on a blocked shot attempt. He told us "Assume they will block the shot" in our pre-weekend meeting. That was said with the IHSA Administrator in that meeting. That is all I needed to hear.

I do not totally disagree, but a lot of times the contact with the ball is going to knock a player off balance and any contact that took place is not going to be the reason the player fell, the taking your momentum out of the air while blocking the ball will. Just like someone that tries to dunk and hits the rim instead.

Peace

I'm talking more about the out of balance defender that gets ball and then crushes the shooter.....but those pretty much call themselves.

All I know is that when someone has a clean block up top and tries to sell "body down low" It's usually a weak call.