Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Oct 17, 2014, 12:24pm
This IS My Social Life

We're Doing It All Wrong Here...We're Studying Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosie74 View Post
At our interpenetration meeting last night . . .

Last edited by Freddy; Fri Oct 17, 2014 at 05:57pm. Reason: discretion
Old Sun Oct 19, 2014, 08:14am
Official Forum Member

If the color restriction change was by itself in a vacuum, I would be opposed to it. Since they made leg sleeves and arm sleeves legal, I think these items need to be the have tighter color restrictions, otherwise all the color could be confusing. (eg. Home team in white, visitor in red. A home team player is wearing red tights and red sleeves on both arms. That's a lot of red on a white player) This isn't an issue with head bands and wrist bands. However, I am glad they changed the head band rule for the sake of consistency.
Old Sun Oct 19, 2014, 02:31pm
NFHS Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by junruh07 View Post
If the color restriction change was by itself in a vacuum, I would be opposed to it. Since they made leg sleeves and arm sleeves legal, I think these items need to be the have tighter color restrictions, otherwise all the color could be confusing. (eg. Home team in white, visitor in red. A home team player is wearing red tights and red sleeves on both arms. That's a lot of red on a white player) This isn't an issue with head bands and wrist bands. However, I am glad they changed the head band rule for the sake of consistency.
The home team wouldn't be allowed to wear red in your situation. They could wear black, white, beige. That's it. Predominant is easier than single school color. Since home teams must always wear white, it makes the choices easy.
Old Sun Oct 19, 2014, 03:52pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKREF View Post
The home team wouldn't be allowed to wear red in your situation. They could wear black, white, beige. That's it. Predominant is easier than single school color. Since home teams must always wear white, it makes the choices easy.
While true, the situation would still be present if the home team wears white uniforms with black sleeves while the visiting team wears black uniformw with white sleeves.

While I get why the NFHS has the rule this way (the undergarments are typicaly provided by the player, and the NFHS doesn't want to force the player to buy two or three sets), I do wish the restrictions were tighter.

(And, I wish the NCAA restrictions were tighter as well)
Old Mon Oct 20, 2014, 04:10pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Easy Peasey Lemon Squeezy ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by junruh07 View Post
I think these items need to be the have tighter color restrictions, otherwise all the color could be confusing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
I do wish the restrictions were tighter.
Here in Connecticut we, and our state interscholastic sports governing body, decided to combine the NFHS color restrictions on headbands/wristbands, with the NFHS color restrictions on arm sleeves/leg sleeves, making our color restrictions more restrictive than the NFHS restrictions: Head and wrist bands, along with knee and arm sleeves, must all be the same color.

This really cuts down on the color choices, especially for the home team. Home team: white undershirt, and white, beige, or black, head, and wrist bands, and knee, and arm sleeves. Road team: undershirt the same color of the jersey; head, and wrist bands, and knee, and arm sleeves the same color as the jersey, or white, beige, or black. Al the players on the same team must wear the same colors.

Easy for the coaches to teach the players. Easy for the players to understand. Easy for the officials (those that care) to enforce.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Mon Oct 20, 2014 at 04:13pm.