The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old Thu Dec 22, 2011, 11:13pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 448
Bbcor mark

What does this mean? "The certification mark shall be rectangular, a minimum of one inch on each side and located on the barrel of the bat in any contrasting color to read:" "BBCOR .50."
Does the mark have to be 1 inch square? I have seen some bats at academy that have a 1 inch horizontal background, about 1/2 inch vertical with smaller letters showing BBCOR. 1 inch on each side implies rectangular but also square.
This is out of the FED 2012 rulebook.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old Thu Dec 22, 2011, 11:41pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 1,395
Quote:
Originally Posted by umpjim View Post
What does this mean? "The certification mark shall be rectangular, a minimum of one inch on each side and located on the barrel of the bat in any contrasting color to read:" "BBCOR .50."
Does the mark have to be 1 inch square? I have seen some bats at academy that have a 1 inch horizontal background, about 1/2 inch vertical with smaller letters showing BBCOR. 1 inch on each side implies rectangular but also square.
This is out of the FED 2012 rulebook.
If it says BBCOR it's good to go. Close enough for government work.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old Fri Dec 23, 2011, 08:02am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Northwest suburbs of Chicago
Posts: 645
We don't have to inspect bats this year. It is up to the coaches to be compliant. Around here, catchers tend to notice if a bat is illegal and are happy to point it out.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old Fri Dec 23, 2011, 08:38am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 13,785
Quote:
Originally Posted by umpjim View Post
What does this mean? "The certification mark shall be rectangular, a minimum of one inch on each side and located on the barrel of the bat in any contrasting color to read:" "BBCOR .50."
Does the mark have to be 1 inch square?
No, it needn't be square (and most won't be). A minimum of 1" on each side does not mean that all sides need to be the same lenght. 1" x 2" would comply, for example.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old Fri Dec 23, 2011, 11:08am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: CT
Posts: 2,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by umpjim View Post
What does this mean? "The certification mark shall be rectangular, a minimum of one inch on each side and located on the barrel of the bat in any contrasting color to read:" "BBCOR .50."
Does the mark have to be 1 inch square? I have seen some bats at academy that have a 1 inch horizontal background, about 1/2 inch vertical with smaller letters showing BBCOR. 1 inch on each side implies rectangular but also square.
This is out of the FED 2012 rulebook.
And here is the delema of going strictly by the rules:
Batter steps in the box with a metal bat that carries a stencil from the tip of the barrel to the top of the handle that says BBCOR and the letters are tall enough to wrap around the bat. The DC questions if the bat is legal because the BBCOR stencil is not 1" square. How do you respond to the DC?

Merry Christmas
__________________
When in doubt, bang 'em out!
Ozzy
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old Fri Dec 23, 2011, 11:20am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 2,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy6900 View Post
And here is the delema of going strictly by the rules:
Batter steps in the box with a metal bat that carries a stencil from the tip of the barrel to the top of the handle that says BBCOR and the letters are tall enough to wrap around the bat. The DC questions if the bat is legal because the BBCOR stencil is not 1" square. How do you respond to the DC?

Merry Christmas
Tell him to go back to the bench and look up "minimum".
__________________
Rich Ives
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old Fri Dec 23, 2011, 06:38pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Upper Midwest
Posts: 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Ives View Post
Tell him to go back to the bench and look up "minimum".
Yeah, don't ask him how long an inch is. It'll invariably be anatomically-related.
__________________
"I don't think I'm very happy. I always fall asleep to the sound of my own screams...and then I always get woken up to the sound of my own screams. Do you think I'm unhappy?"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BBCOR is getting a Xmas card from me. Durham Baseball 4 Mon Feb 07, 2011 05:02pm
More like Mark P... RookieDude Basketball 47 Thu Dec 23, 2010 06:55pm
Where we going to mark it off at?? BoBo Football 10 Mon Sep 17, 2007 02:03pm
Hey, Mark brandan89 Basketball 1 Sun Jun 05, 2005 04:25pm
Hey, Mark brandan89 Basketball 1 Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:20pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:18pm.



Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0 RC1