The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Wrestling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Nov 30, 2006, 01:42pm
Official Forum Member

Lets get active!

Lets go guys I know that there has to be more wrestling officials out there lets get some discussions going. Here's my part to help things along.

How do you feel about the NFHS overtime rules? Do you think the "sudden victory" and then two 30 second tiebreakers are the way to go? Lets talk about this and some of the other new rule changes.
Old Thu Nov 30, 2006, 02:50pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to AlabamaBlue
Today's my first meet of the year, time to knock the rust off. Got a dual tonight, a JV tourney tomorrow night and a tourney on Saturday, so I'm sure I'll have more to post about after the weekend.

I like the new overtime rules. I like that they have to actually wrestle more before the "rideout". I don't know if the 2 30 second tiebreakers are necessary, I think it could have been done just as well with a 1 minute sudden victory followed by the 30 second "rideout".
Old Thu Nov 30, 2006, 03:16pm
Official Forum Member

I really like it that each kid gets a choice after the 1 minute #sudden victory"(its going to take a while to get used to saying that) it gives each kid a chance to score from the position they like best.
Old Sat Dec 02, 2006, 12:06pm
Official Forum Member

Saw it in action last night for the first time this season at a team dual tournament I was working. Wasn't one of my matches but watched it.

The wrestlers looked confused on what exactly to do and I'm not sure the coaches knew either. The official worked the TBs successfully and only needed two TBs for a winnner to be determined.

I'm sure the wrestlers will get smarter in this postion as the season goes on.
Old Tue Dec 05, 2006, 08:06am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to AlabamaBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by matref0
Saw it in action last night for the first time this season at a team dual tournament I was working. Wasn't one of my matches but watched it.

The wrestlers looked confused on what exactly to do and I'm not sure the coaches knew either. The official worked the TBs successfully and only needed two TBs for a winnner to be determined.

I'm sure the wrestlers will get smarter in this postion as the season goes on.
I had a few this weekend. I made sure the kids knew what was going on, I announced "1 minute sudden victory period, we start neutral, first to score wins". All mine ended during the 1st sudden victory period, never had to wrestle the 30 second ones.
Old Thu Dec 07, 2006, 07:53am
Official Forum Member

PA (and everybody else),

In addition to keeping up to date at this board, don't forget to check out the board at NHFS, too -- it does seem to be quite active. The URL is http://www.nfhs.org/cgi-bin/ultimate...ubb=forum;f=17

See you around!