The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Volleyball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Oct 29, 2011, 05:07pm
Official Forum Member

Playoff Start Dates

Ok all I know we are winding down the home stretch of this regular season.When does post season play begin in your areas? Here we start on Monday,November 7 for girls with wild card matches (where necessary) and Tuesday,November 8 for first round matches.Our boys league tournament starts Tuesday with quarterfinal matches,Wednesday is the semifinals,and Saturday are the third place and championship matches.
Old Sat Oct 29, 2011, 11:29pm
Official Forum Member

We're already there. Our last regular season matches were Tues. Some play-in and tie breaker matches started early this week & continue through next Tues. Round of 32 starts on 11/2, round of 16 on 11/5, QF, SF & finals are on 11/11 & 11/12. I just got my lining assignments today - working lines for two SF matches on the evening of the 11th (one 5A & one 6A).

Last edited by TimTaylor; Sat Oct 29, 2011 at 11:35pm.
Old Sun Oct 30, 2011, 01:28pm
Official Forum Member

When are the first allowable contests in your state? We started on August 29 down here in Southern California.

Good Luck on your assignments Tim
I'm doing three guys matches this week as a lines judge.A semifinal on 11/3 and the third place and championship matches on 11/5! Our girls sectional finals aren't until 11/18-19/ and the state tournament starts on 11/25.
Old Mon Oct 31, 2011, 09:46am
Official Forum Member

HS State tournament for all levels begins tomorrow in AZ. The two Large School clasifications begin tomorrow and Wednesday and the smaller school classifications begin Thursday. Play will continue through next week.

I have a lines assignment in DII tomorrow and a double header in DIV on Thursday, both assignments are opening round games.

I'm out of town the following week for the ASA (softball) National Council Meeting, so no other VB assignments.