The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Volleyball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Aug 28, 2002, 03:09pm
Official Forum Member

Question

Hi all..I am a brand new "rookie" volleyball official doing high school matches. I have had a lot of help in my clinics and scrimmages, but one thing that I would like some input on is how do ya'll keep your line-up cards? I am using an index card now and I have seen a dozen examples of how to lay the card out for subs, time-outs etc. Wanted to see if there is some simple easy way you veterans do it that I might be able to use. Some of the ones given me are real elaborate.

Thanks,
Bake17
Old Thu Aug 29, 2002, 08:36pm
Official Forum Member

Since you've already seen many ways to use a line-up card I doubt that I could give a "best" way of keeping the card. Everyone uses a different method. My two suggestions are...

1. Of the methods you were shown, pick one that seems to make sense to you. Something that you can recognize and make sense of with a quick glance.

2. Start out simple. As long as you can track serving order and keep track of substitutions, you'll be OK. Anything else (score, # of timeouts, etc.) can be checked with the scorekeeper. As you get more experience you will be able to keep track of more things on your card.