The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Volleyball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Sep 26, 2007, 09:36am
Official Forum Member

VB Rules and Officiating DVD

I would like to let everyone know about the volleyball officiating DVD's that are available. I noticed one message suggested that the official find one to help them get better. Great idea, but I suggest that unless you go to www.vbofficiating.com you will not find anything or at the least anything that is current.

We have contacted every state athletic association back in May and provided them with a preview copy at the beginning of July. A few states have actually bought videos for all their high school coaches and officials, while some have gotten them just for officials and yet others have seemingly decided to do nothing.

I have received orders from almost every state and most of these are due to Internet searches by officials wanting training material. Why everyone has not heard of these DVD's is an interesting discussion that we will defer to some other time.

I am trying to build a base of contacts in each state to have the names, email, and web sites for assignors and officials associations. If you will forward these to me at [email protected] I will be greatful.

Thanks and good luck with the remainder of the HS season. If you haven't done so, check out working USAV as well.

Our web site is continuing to evolve, but one thing you can do and its free is checkout the download and links section. We have a nice piece that you can use with your partner before every match.

Some of the questions raised here might also be good with the Ask The Official.

Last edited by tjohannsen; Wed Sep 26, 2007 at 09:38am.
Old Wed Sep 26, 2007, 09:54am
Lighten up, Francis.

If I'm wrong, I apologize in advance, but this smells like spam. New poster's first (or maybe second) post is an advertisement?
Old Wed Sep 26, 2007, 10:04am
Official Forum Member

I am new, and just found this forum this morning as a result of an Oregon official pointing me this way.

Earlier in August I had heard of discussions mentioning our projects and had received numerous contacts from people on the NFHS forum. Thought it would be courteous to weigh in here.

Last edited by tjohannsen; Wed Sep 26, 2007 at 10:08am.
Old Wed Sep 26, 2007, 10:51am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjohannsen
I am new, and just found this forum this morning as a result of an Oregon official pointing me this way.

Earlier in August I had heard of discussions mentioning our projects and had received numerous contacts from people on the NFHS forum. Thought it would be courteous to weigh in here.
Speaking for myself, I appreciate the link and the info. It may help me. But from a forum standpoint, you're probably best to limit it to only a single, occassional post about this.
Old Wed Sep 26, 2007, 10:59am
Official Forum Member

Dvd

About the time I figured out what I was doing (replying to others) I realized one new message would suffice.

On the other hand, there are so many replies to be made to so many questions! I have noticed that there are a good number of replies from Felix Madera in IL. You just gotta love the midwest! I'm from Iowa.