The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Volleyball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Oct 24, 2003, 11:12am
Official Forum Member

JV game last night.

Score is Team A - 19, Team B - 18.

Team A is serving, wins three points and now leads 21-18. I am R, table tells my partner that Team A has the wrong server and the book is off by two rotations. The book is being kept by two of the freshman players and the visiting team is not keeping a scorebook to cross reference with. My partner spends at least ten minutes at the table trying to straighten things out, then calls me over.

I am certain that Team A's rotation and server are correct because the server is also the setter and I have been tracking her position in the rotation throughout the game. We decide to leave team A in the rotation they are in. Team B's rotation is correct, according to the book. Both coaches agree with our decision.

What do you all think regarding this situation?
Old Fri Oct 24, 2003, 01:48pm
Official Forum Member

If you know Team B's rotation is correct, it can be used to determine whether A is correct as well.

If B is, for instance, in its third rotation, then A must be in its corresponding rotation - either third or fourth, depending on who had the first serve.

Tracking the setter is good but checking A's position against B's would provide a quick confirmation as to which A team player should have been serving.

-Homer-