The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Volleyball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Dec 18, 2017, 05:41pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to swkansasref33
Volleyball Clinics/Camps in North Central Region?

Hey All,

I run intramural sports at a University in South Dakota. I have a handful of student officials who are looking to advance their volleyball officiating careers, and I am not 100% sure where to start. I officiate College Football, Basketball and Baseball, but don't have any contacts in the volleyball world.

I was hoping somebody could point me in the right direction as far as a listing of clinics or camps for persons interested in officiating volleyball at the collegiate level, or of any camps/clinics you know of in the north central region.

Thank you all in advance for your help!
Old Mon Dec 18, 2017, 09:15pm
Official Forum Member

College volleyball officials

Try contacting any of the following people:

Glo Bailey [email protected]
Todd Karolczak [email protected]
Robyn Courchane [email protected]
Dorothy Lick [email protected]

They are the chapter presidents of the college official's boards that cover South Dakota. They should be able to direct you to any training opportunities in that area.
Old Tue Dec 19, 2017, 08:37am
Official Forum Member

I'd also contact the SD High School Athletic Association (or whatever it's called there) for HS camps and opportunities. Not all your students will be likely to be able to start at the collegiate level.
Old Tue Dec 19, 2017, 09:31am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to swkansasref33
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
I'd also contact the SD High School Athletic Association (or whatever it's called there) for HS camps and opportunities. Not all your students will be likely to be able to start at the collegiate level.
Bob,

I have already tried that. Unfortunately, South Dakota is not as organized as some other states, partly due to the geographical issues of having only two "metro" areas. They only run a one day "jamboree", in which they might officiate one set and get feedback from other current officials. The couple I have are fairly proficient and want more feedback than those give them.

Thanks for the suggestion though!
Old Wed Dec 20, 2017, 10:45am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to FMadera Send a message via AIM to FMadera Send a message via Yahoo to FMadera
Quote:
Originally Posted by swkansasref33 View Post
Bob,

I have already tried that. Unfortunately, South Dakota is not as organized as some other states, partly due to the geographical issues of having only two "metro" areas. They only run a one day "jamboree", in which they might officiate one set and get feedback from other current officials. The couple I have are fairly proficient and want more feedback than those give them.

Thanks for the suggestion though!
You might also check to see who your USAV Volleyball Region is, and who the Officials Chair might be. Lots of reps to be had on the club scene, between USAV and JVA.
PAVO National Referee / Certified Line Judge/Scorer
WIAA/IHSA Volleyball Referee