The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Volleyball (https://forum.officiating.com/volleyball/)
-   -   Volleyball Clinics/Camps in North Central Region? (https://forum.officiating.com/volleyball/103256-volleyball-clinics-camps-north-central-region.html)

swkansasref33 Mon Dec 18, 2017 05:41pm

Volleyball Clinics/Camps in North Central Region?

Hey All,

I run intramural sports at a University in South Dakota. I have a handful of student officials who are looking to advance their volleyball officiating careers, and I am not 100% sure where to start. I officiate College Football, Basketball and Baseball, but don't have any contacts in the volleyball world.

I was hoping somebody could point me in the right direction as far as a listing of clinics or camps for persons interested in officiating volleyball at the collegiate level, or of any camps/clinics you know of in the north central region.

Thank you all in advance for your help!

pavbref Mon Dec 18, 2017 09:15pm

College volleyball officials

Try contacting any of the following people:

Glo Bailey [email protected]
Todd Karolczak [email protected]
Robyn Courchane [email protected]
Dorothy Lick [email protected]

They are the chapter presidents of the college official's boards that cover South Dakota. They should be able to direct you to any training opportunities in that area.

bob jenkins Tue Dec 19, 2017 08:37am

I'd also contact the SD High School Athletic Association (or whatever it's called there) for HS camps and opportunities. Not all your students will be likely to be able to start at the collegiate level.

swkansasref33 Tue Dec 19, 2017 09:31am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob jenkins (Post 1013281)
I'd also contact the SD High School Athletic Association (or whatever it's called there) for HS camps and opportunities. Not all your students will be likely to be able to start at the collegiate level.

Bob,

I have already tried that. Unfortunately, South Dakota is not as organized as some other states, partly due to the geographical issues of having only two "metro" areas. They only run a one day "jamboree", in which they might officiate one set and get feedback from other current officials. The couple I have are fairly proficient and want more feedback than those give them.

Thanks for the suggestion though!

FMadera Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:45am

Quote:

Originally Posted by swkansasref33 (Post 1013284)
Bob,

I have already tried that. Unfortunately, South Dakota is not as organized as some other states, partly due to the geographical issues of having only two "metro" areas. They only run a one day "jamboree", in which they might officiate one set and get feedback from other current officials. The couple I have are fairly proficient and want more feedback than those give them.

Thanks for the suggestion though!

You might also check to see who your USAV Volleyball Region is, and who the Officials Chair might be. Lots of reps to be had on the club scene, between USAV and JVA.