The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Swimming/Diving

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Nov 04, 2008, 04:34pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BigGref
Question Recall Device

I'm most likely going to be talking to myself, so if anyone else wants to add something, PLEASE do so! This forum is as inactive as President Bush press conferences during the last month.

Anyway, I digress... I just thought of something yesterday when looking at the rulebook and the recent changes (though not many). Of course the one rule change I am talking about is the change of wording to a recall device not necessarily a rope or a gun.

Has anyone ever used a small metal object/rod (banging on metal ladder that's in water) for a recall device? When I did scuba diving lessons this is how they got our attention to come up, it worked very well.
Old Fri Nov 28, 2008, 01:57am
Official Forum Member

Electronic starting systems typically provide for a recall signal. For example, on the widely used Colorado Timing System, after the button is pressed to activate the starting signal, a release of the button followed by pressing it and holding it down will produce the recall signal. The referee can also use the whistle -- a prolonged series of short bursts -- as a recall signal.

--Kevin Russell