The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Softball (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/)
-   -   northwestern mutual commercial. (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/97985-northwestern-mutual-commercial.html)

tcannizzo Sat May 31, 2014 08:03pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rita C (Post 935195)
Because it looked better for the commercial. :rolleyes:

Rita

Not to all...:p

Rich Ives Sun Jun 01, 2014 09:52am

Quote:

Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA (Post 935216)
I remember Miller Lite from their commercials, too. But I don't buy their product.

BTW, think about who said "there is no such thing as bad publicity". It was the guy selling it and failing miserably who had to justify himself

Do you buy everything you see ads for? Of course not. Why should this be any different?

Ads are seen by millions of viewers. If 23 people don't like i because some detail is wrong should they consider the ad a failure?

Rich Ives Sun Jun 01, 2014 09:56am

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcannizzo (Post 935225)
Not to all...:p

It is artistically better.

99.9% of the population won't notice anything wrong.

Some of the other 0.1% don't care that it's wrong.

Why waste so much energy on the issue?

BTW (need to watch again to be sure) I think the relay person slings the ball rather than throwing it. Her hand doesn't seem to follow through.

IRISHMAFIA Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:56am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Ives (Post 935248)
Do you buy everything you see ads for? Of course not. Why should this be any different?

Ads are seen by millions of viewers. If 23 people don't like i because some detail is wrong should they consider the ad a failure?

They are NEVER going to consider an ad as a failure simply because that would not support their agenda.

I believe all ads prey on the stupidity and laziness of the general public. While I will notice ads that are put in front of my face, I have never, and I mean never in my adult life, made a purchase based on an ad no matter the medium.

And, yes, I expect accuracy in any format being present for any reason, from theater to commercials; movies to sidewalk performances. Why, you may ask? For the same lazy and stupid people who cannot shop without ads, they tend to believe everything they see and read.

Rich Ives Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:53pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA (Post 935256)
They are NEVER going to consider an ad as a failure simply because that would not support their agenda.

I believe all ads prey on the stupidity and laziness of the general public. While I will notice ads that are put in front of my face, I have never, and I mean never in my adult life, made a purchase based on an ad no matter the medium.

And, yes, I expect accuracy in any format being present for any reason, from theater to commercials; movies to sidewalk performances. Why, you may ask? For the same lazy and stupid people who cannot shop without ads, they tend to believe everything they see and read.

Lots of ads are failures and pulled.

Lots of ad agencies get fired for being ineffective.

Seen the ad where Godzilla chokes on a car? How accurate is that?

You only go see non-fiction theater? How accurate is a light saber?

Is Tony the Tiger real?

And you expect people to believe you've never purchased a product that you first heard about from an ad?

IRISHMAFIA Sun Jun 01, 2014 02:00pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Ives (Post 935258)
Lots of ads are failures and pulled.

Lots of ad agencies get fired for being ineffective.

Seen the ad where Godzilla chokes on a car? How accurate is that?

You only go see non-fiction theater? How accurate is a light saber?

Is Tony the Tiger real?

Okay, I'll give you the point that I was a bit vague on my parameters, but I'm not referring to fiction.

Maybe you should look up the word accurate as opposed to "real".

And you expect people to believe you've never purchased a product that you first heard about from an ad?[/QUOTE]

I really don't give a shit whether you believe it or not. You certainly are in no position to contradict me. I'm telling you I do not pay attention to ads, never had.