The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Jun 04, 2013, 04:28pm
Official Forum Member

Tennessee vs Oklahoma Game 1

No discussion on this yet... surprising. Who watched?

Do we have video on the force out at home in (I believe) the 9th inning where OU appeared (to me) to have scored with the catcher taking the throw in front of the plate and never touching the plate?

Did they miss another obstruction at third on the last out of the 11th just after the 3rd run scored for OU?

West Houston Mike
Old Tue Jun 04, 2013, 04:45pm
Official Forum Member

Way past my bed time. Only saw the winning HR on the highlights this morning. Or was it a home run? Did the PU really see the batter touch home with the crowd that gathered there when she came around 3rd? Still believe the NCAA should do something about that.
Old Tue Jun 04, 2013, 06:30pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD Longhorn View Post
No discussion on this yet... surprising. Who watched?

Do we have video on the force out at home in (I believe) the 9th inning where OU appeared (to me) to have scored with the catcher taking the throw in front of the plate and never touching the plate?

Did they miss another obstruction at third on the last out of the 11th just after the 3rd run scored for OU?
I watched. I thought the umpiring, especially on the bases, was outstanding.

In no particular order, just working from memory:

1) On a double play in the top of the fifth, Paul Edds made a great call at first base from distance since he also had the call at second.

2) I thought the call on the force at the plate by Mike Bartling in the bottom of the ninth was correct. She may have come off the plate but only after she caught the low throw.

3) Christie Cornwell had a close, correct call on the triple in the bottom of the eleventh that drove in the second run of the inning. That runner became the tying run on a subsequent double, so the wrong call and the game is over.

4) Obstruction in the bottom of the eleventh? The girl was out by a mile and had no business even trying to get to third. Or are we talking about the same play?

5) CC got into position and made another nice Safe call on the leadoff-double in the bottom of the twelfth. The ball being a chopper over the third baseman's head and the throw coming from the left field line and thus over her shoulder a bit made this atypical I thought.

My prediction is the Geri Magwire will have the plate tonight.