The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Sep 17, 2012, 07:05am
Official Forum Member

Thank You

I just want to give all of you a "Thank You" for letting me (a parent) post some questions and recieve feedback form you all.

I have learned alot and it helped our team out twice this past weekend.

Thank You
Old Mon Sep 17, 2012, 08:18am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to MNBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg99 View Post
I just want to give all of you a "Thank You" for letting me (a parent) post some questions and recieve feedback form you all.

I have learned alot and it helped our team out twice this past weekend.

Thank You
How did it help?

NFHS, NCAA, NAFA
"If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use was the rule?" Anton Chigurh - "No Country for Old Men"
Old Mon Sep 17, 2012, 10:34am
Official Forum Member

We had runners on 2nd and 3rd. 1 OUT. fly ball to second CAUGHT. runner on 3rd tagged and scored. runner on 2nd didn't tag up. The pitcher Cut the ball and got the out and second AFTER the runner had scored. The initail ruling was the run DIDN"T count. We asked why since it was an appeal at 2nd for leaving early not a force out, the umpires got together and said the run counted. I learned that from this board.

Also had a girl obstructed by their 1st baseman. Ump put his arm out and our coach saw this and had the girl try for 3rd. She was out of course and 3rd base coach was upset. Before he could agrue with the umpire I let him know the umpire was right and he shouldn't have sent her. It was in the umpires judgement if she was protected to 2nd or 3rd. I let the coach know he wasn't going to win that arguement. So atlest our team didn't look like crazy coaches arguing of something that wasn't going to be changed.
Old Mon Sep 17, 2012, 10:41am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to MNBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg99 View Post
We had runners on 2nd and 3rd. 1 OUT. fly ball to second CAUGHT. runner on 3rd tagged and scored. runner on 2nd didn't tag up. The pitcher Cut the ball and got the out and second AFTER the runner had scored. The initail ruling was the run DIDN"T count. We asked why since it was an appeal at 2nd for leaving early not a force out, the umpires got together and said the run counted. I learned that from this board.

Also had a girl obstructed by their 1st baseman. Ump put his arm out and our coach saw this and had the girl try for 3rd. She was out of course and 3rd base coach was upset. Before he could agrue with the umpire I let him know the umpire was right and he shouldn't have sent her. It was in the umpires judgement if she was protected to 2nd or 3rd. I let the coach know he wasn't going to win that arguement. So atlest our team didn't look like crazy coaches arguing of something that wasn't going to be changed.
Great! Sir Francis Bacon was correct: "Knowledge is power." Unfortunately Lord Acton was correct as well.

NFHS, NCAA, NAFA
"If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use was the rule?" Anton Chigurh - "No Country for Old Men"
Old Wed Sep 19, 2012, 11:55am
Official Forum Member

Greg -

Glad you are taking the time to know the rules. As umpires we will recognize that and while you won't GET any calls, we will appreciate working your games....

BTW - are you the head coach ????