The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Jun 20, 2003, 10:47pm
Official Forum Member

I am completely SICK of all of this rain in the northeast. It seems like all of the rain hits Pittsburgh. My rec league that I ump in has 18 teams and 36 make up games needed. I don't know how that's possible. That's two per team. The Pirates/Indians game has been delayed an hour and a half and they are going to the tenth. Just venting a little waiting for the game to resume.
Old Fri Jun 20, 2003, 10:49pm
Official Forum Member

Well... just as I finish, the game resumes. Yay... I guess.
Old Sat Jun 21, 2003, 07:46am
Official Forum Member

Another Rainy Day

We have 2 make-up games this morning, and of course it is raining, and tomorrow we conclude a tournament that was rained out 2 weeks ago.

Rain rain go away...

JP
Old Sat Jun 21, 2003, 10:20am
Official Forum Member

Location: The Land Of The Free and The Home Of The Brave (MD/DE)
Smile

A curious fellow died one day and found himself waiting in the long line of judgment. As he stood there he noticed that some souls were allowed to march right through the pearly gates into Heaven. Others though, were led over to
Satan who threw them into the burning pit. But every so often, instead of hurling a poor soul into the fire, Satan would toss a soul off to one side into a small pile.

After watching Satan do this several times, the fellow's curiosity got the best of him so he strolled over and asked Satan, "Excuse me, Mr. Prince of Darkness," he said. "I'm waiting in line for judgment, but I couldn't help wondering...why are you tossing those people aside instead of flinging them into the Fire of Hell with the others?" "Ah, those....." Satan said with a groan,
"They're all from Maryland. They're still too wet to burn."
Old Sun Jun 22, 2003, 07:06am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to pollywolly60
Talking

That's funny!
We've had more than our share of rain here in the southeast this year,too! I think we have had about 75 rain outs to make up. And then about 10 miles west of here the ball fields were flooded to the point of covering the top of the concession stands at one point.
But, hey, the grass has never looked greener!
Old Sun Jun 29, 2003, 08:58pm
Official Forum Member

Here in Jersey we had the same problem this year. We should have started the playoffs today but we are three weeks behind.....