The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Softball (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/)
-   -   Tennessee vs Auburn crash (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/90478-tennessee-vs-auburn-crash.html)

roadking Sat Apr 07, 2012 04:46pm

Tennessee vs Auburn crash

I dont know if I agree with the base runner ejection on the crash. I didnt think it was flagrant, I thought the catcher had some responsibility for the contact by running at runner on the tag.
Should the call of been a dead ball on the contact with the batter runner being returned to first?
Tough decision for the crew!

tcannizzo Sat Apr 07, 2012 09:05pm

C'mon Man!
As soon as the batter did not make a squeeze bunt attempt, R1 should have easily seen that she was pizza meat. But what did she do? She kept on at full speed and thrust both forearms into F2. How could you NOT consider that to be flagrant or even a difficult decision for USC?

EsqUmp Sun Apr 08, 2012 09:01am

I watched the video and think that I would like have had an ejection. The runner had multiple legal options and elected to use none of them. Though I don't see her "thrust both forearms" (she never pushed off with them), she certainly went in illegally and with great force with the rest of her body. Her demeanor after the play confirms her acts during the play. Ejection.

RKBUmp Sun Apr 08, 2012 09:17am

Anyone have a link to video of it?

EsqUmp Sun Apr 08, 2012 09:28am

Auburn Tigers vs Tennessee Lady Vols Softball Game 4/6/12 - YouTube

RKBUmp Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:27am

Looked pretty bad to me, but of course much more detail in slow motion. While she doesnt really push out with the arms, she does take her left forearm and goes up into the neck/face of the catcher with it.

IRISHMAFIA Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:29am

An ejection here is a no-brainer. I would be extremely disappointed if the player wasn't ejected.

And I don't care if it was NCAA or 10 JO, no place for BS like that. This runner came in with full intent of causing a collision. There was absolutely no hesitation or any indication she was going to try and avoid it.

shipwreck Sun Apr 08, 2012 02:42pm

Was the runner that ended up on second, put back on first? If they ruled flagrant it should have been a dead ball and all runners return to base at time of infraction. Dave

tcannizzo Sun Apr 08, 2012 06:35pm

They didn't really show the ruling. In fact, it was bizarre, because it took several minutes for word to get up to the announcers that the player was in fact ejected. The catcher was carried off in a stretcher so there was more attention paid to her than to the penalty.

As for the TH, this guy, Adam Amin, is very knowledgeable in the rules and IMO, the best softball TH out there. He was paired up with Michelle Smith, who isn't bad either.

okla21fan Sun Apr 08, 2012 06:47pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcannizzo (Post 836388)
As for the TH, this guy, Adam Amin, is very knowledgeable in the rules and IMO, the best softball TH out there. He was paired up with Michelle Smith, who isn't bad either.

:eek:

KJUmp Sun Apr 08, 2012 08:07pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by shipwreck (Post 836379)
Was the runner that ended up on second, put back on first? If they ruled flagrant it should have been a dead ball and all runners return to base at time of infraction. Dave

I'm sure they did. The PU appeared to be right on top of things from the moment the collision occurred, video showed the crew conferencing, and we know they ruled flagrant because of the ejection of the Auburn BR.

KJUmp Sun Apr 08, 2012 08:11pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadking (Post 836294)
I dont know if I agree with the base runner ejection on the crash. I didnt think it was flagrant, I thought the catcher had some responsibility for the contact by running at runner on the tag.
Should the call of been a dead ball on the contact with the batter runner being returned to first?
Tough decision for the crew!

?????
If in your mind that wasn't flagrant, what would you consider a flagrant collision?
They could add a picture of that play to the NCAA rule book right under 12.14.

IRISHMAFIA Sun Apr 08, 2012 08:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by KJUmp (Post 836401)
I'm sure they did. The PU appeared to be right on top of things from the moment the collision occurred, video showed the crew conferencing, and we know they ruled flagrant because of the ejection of the Auburn BR.

Based on the PU's actions, I was under the impression the ejection was immediate.

He called the out then pointed at the runner and said something to her when she headed back to the dugout.

KJUmp Sun Apr 08, 2012 08:15pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA (Post 836405)
Based on the PU's actions, I was under the impression the ejection was immediate.

He called the out then pointed at the runner and said something to her when she headed back to the dugout.

That was my impression too.

ronald Sun Apr 08, 2012 08:36pm

i saw the point also and was expecting the ncaa ejection mechanic. does it still exist? thoughts on why it did not occur? how important is it or not that the umpire should have given it?

KJUmp Sun Apr 08, 2012 08:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronald (Post 836412)
i saw the point also and was expecting the ncaa ejection mechanic. does it still exist? thoughts on why it did not occur? how important is it or not that the umpire should have given it?

He may have (off camera but probably not). My guess is that he simply informed the Auburn HC that the BR was ejected for colliding with F2.

He had the collision, knows an ejection is going to follow, made the out call, gave the point with his arm. No need for anything more demonstrative than that.

IMO it was handled very professionally by the PU and the crew.

IRISHMAFIA Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:08pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by KJUmp (Post 836420)
He may have (off camera but probably not). My guess is that he simply informed the Auburn HC that the BR was ejected for colliding with F2.

He had the collision, knows an ejection is going to follow, made the out call, gave the point with his arm. No need for anything more demonstrative than that.

I agree. I see no reason to play the fool with all the demonstrative crap many umpires seem to feel is necessary. I let the people know who needs to know, no big show...not even a little show. :D

roadking Mon Apr 09, 2012 01:18am

Quote:

Originally Posted by KJUmp (Post 836404)
?????
If in your mind that wasn't flagrant, what would you consider a flagrant collision?
They could add a picture of that play to the NCAA rule book right under 12.14.

I would agree the contact between the two player would be considered excessive. The defensive player was not waiting to apply a tag, I may of gave a little leeway to the runner because the catcher took the tag to the runner. Though, under those circumstances it was the right call.

The runner that had advanced from first to second on the play was allowed to stay on second?

EsqUmp Mon Apr 09, 2012 06:33am

Quote:

Originally Posted by KJUmp (Post 836420)

The conversation regarding when/how she was ejected is exactly why the NCAA manual mandates an actual ejection mechanic. Pointing is NOT that mechanic. The umpire is to hold up his right arm with palm open and forward. Draw the hand back to the ear and redirect the arm skyward at a 45 degree angle away from the body with the index finger extended.

That is not overly demonstrative, but is clear to everyone.

I wasn't sure if she was ejected right away. I thought the crew may have gotten together to discuss it.

That point meant nothing to me.

Use proper mechanics.

IRISHMAFIA Mon Apr 09, 2012 06:40am

Quote:

Originally Posted by EsqUmp (Post 836445)
The conversation regarding when/how she was ejected is exactly why the NCAA manual mandates an actual ejection mechanic. Pointing is NOT that mechanic. The umpire is to hold up his right arm with palm open and forward. Draw the hand back to the ear and redirect the arm skyward at a 45 degree angle away from the body with the index finger extended.

I wasn't sure if she was ejected right away. I thought the crew may have gotten together to discuss it.

Use proper mechanics.

Ridiculous that there would be such a mechanic. And people think ASA are control freaks. ;)

BretMan Mon Apr 09, 2012 08:21am

Quote:

Use proper mechanics.

I don't know. That all sounds kind of...robotic.

Or maybe even...clone-ish. :rolleyes:

Umpteenth Mon Apr 09, 2012 08:38am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BretMan (Post 836451)
I don't know. That all sounds kind of...robotic.

Or maybe even...clone-ish. :rolleyes:

He-he, I have to admit that crossed my mind, too!

EsqUmp Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:19am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Umpteenth (Post 836452)
He-he, I have to admit that crossed my mind, too!

Certainly better than a mere point that leads to confusion. If it were done at least along those lines we wouldn't be having this conversation.

azbigdawg Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:26am

Quote:

Originally Posted by EsqUmp (Post 836487)
Certainly better than a mere point that leads to confusion. If it were done at least along those lines we wouldn't be having this conversation.

I sincerely doubt there was much confusion as to whether she was ejected or not. The collision speaks for itself.

JefferMC Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:38am

Quote:

Originally Posted by okla21fan (Post 836391)
:eek:

Must be a second Michelle Smith.

Dakota Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:52am

Quote:

Originally Posted by EsqUmp (Post 836487)

Who was confused? The player or her coach? No. The THs? Yes, but if the purpose of the umpire's signals is to prevent TH confusion, that's a pretty tall order (and impossible to fulfill)!

Who are the signals actually for? Players? Coaches? Fans? THs / commentators?

If the players & coaches were not confused, does anyone else matter (wrt umpire signals)?

KJUmp Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:55am

Quote:

Use proper mechanics.

Good points, and there's nothing inaccurate in what you're saying, and I'm pretty confident that the NCAA ejection mechanic is one that we all have down pretty good.

And yes, absolutely the EJ signal as outlined in the Manual could have been utilized right after the out call by the PU, and made in a non-demonstrative, non-attention getting manner, simply indicating to all what had just occurred, and have been perfectly proper. Because you're 100% correct, that's why its in the Manual.

In viewing the video though, I knew exactly what he meant by with the point and the flick of his arm, but that's just me. But to be fair, yeah, probably a good many folks in the stands, and personnel on the field (team and umpires) possibly didn't see it. So again, you make a good point for it's use.

I feel, as you do, that the crew (probably) did get together...I saw at least one additional crew member near the PU when he was talking with one of the coaches. And again, what we don't know is that at some point the PU may have utilized the proper EJ signal as you described it, after the crew huddled and made sure they had everything correct. It's just not in the video.

PU made a choice (it seems) to 'low key' the EJ signal and as some of us have stated, we're OK with his choice....keeping in mind that by rule on this type of play the EJ is automatic.

All that said, I think as/if the game video gets reviewed farther up the line (NCAA? SEC?) to see if any suspension is warranted, or if there was a SEC or SUP observer at the game, the PU and the crew get nothing but high marks here.

IRISHMAFIA Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:35am

Notes made on another site:

The catcher did not "charge" up the line toward the runner as some who are trying to justify the runner's actions claim. That catcher moved around the batter, took two steps and squared to the approaching runner. The catcher was standing at the front left corner of the BB. To me, that is not up the line.

For those who believe the runner had no choice, watch the replay. The runner was NOT even close to halfway to home when the catcher received the ball. She had five steps once the catcher moved into the BB.

AFA the ejection is concerned, there is never a need for theatrics, let alone a mechanic. You tell the player's coach, the opposing coach and the scorekeeper why there is a substitute entering the game. If there is an announcer, the scorekeeper will communicate that, if possible. If not, the PU may inform that individual.

It's been years since I've pointed or waved my arm on an ejection. It is like a walk. The player knows where they need to go, I don't need to show them the way.

The environment can be tense and electric enough without the umpire adding to the excitement.

Big Slick Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:26pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA (Post 836513)
Notes made on another site:

The catcher did not "charge" up the line toward the runner as some who are trying to justify the runner's actions claim. That catcher moved around the batter, took two steps and squared to the approaching runner. The catcher was standing at the front left corner of the BB. To me, that is not up the line.

For those who believe the runner had no choice, watch the replay. The runner was NOT even close to halfway to home when the catcher received the ball. She had five steps once the catcher moved into the BB.

AFA the ejection is concerned, there is never a need for theatrics, let alone a mechanic. You tell the player's coach, the opposing coach and the scorekeeper why there is a substitute entering the game. If there is an announcer, the scorekeeper will communicate that, if possible. If not, the PU may inform that individual.

It's been years since I've pointed or waved my arm on an ejection. It is like a walk. The player knows where they need to go, I don't need to show them the way.

The environment can be tense and electric enough without the umpire adding to the excitement.

Mike, there was a directive given to NCAA umpires (maybe 2006 or 2007) about making a very overt ejection signal. This was in response to a renewed emphasis to sportsmanship. Our directive was to give a counter point to the "coach ejects himself or herself." We were to demonstrate that we interpreting their behavior as non sporting and worthy of ejection. That is not to say that we were to give the big "heave-ho" like in an Earl Weaver confrontation.

However, you are correct that this ejection is not a time to even give an ejection signal. The ejection follows the infraction:
Quote:

12-14-2 In order to prevent injury and protect the defensive player attempting to make a play on a base runner, the base runner must be called out if she remains on her feet and deliberately, with great force, crashes into a defensive player holding the ball and waiting to apply a tag. In order to prevent a deliberate crash ruling, the base runner can slide, jump over the top of the defender holding the ball, go around the defender (if outside the runner's lane, the base runner would be called out) or return to the previous base touched.

EFFECT—The ball is dead. The base runner is called out for deliberately crashing into a fielder, even if the ball is dislodged. If the base runner deliberately crashed into a fielder holding the ball before she was put out and, in the umpire's judgment, it was an attempt to break up an obvious double play, the offender and player being played on shall both be declared out. If the deliberate crash occurs after the base runner was called out, the base runner closest to home plate will also be declared out. If an obstructed base runner deliberately crashes into a fielder holding the ball, the obstruction call will be ignored, and the base runner will be called out.

Note: If the act is determined to be flagrant, the offender will be ejected.
My critique of this play is that PU should have come up with a big "DEAD BALL" and then administered his ruling.

bkbjones Mon Apr 09, 2012 02:02pm

Gawd, I don't post anything in two years, and here I am, twice in four days.

IMHO, anyone who didn't see an immediate ejection over this needs to seriously consider another avocation.

The POE in 2006-07 was, as stated just before this, to point out the coach has ejected him/her self. Neither the rulebook, Umpire Manual nor the UIP were designed to make it easier for TH. Not even The Bible can do that, it's just an impossible thing. I know, I have been a TH.

The ejection mechanic is not meant to show up a player. I don't give a damn if it's college. The umpire could very well have said "you're gone" very discreetly along with the non-approved-yet-we-all-know-what-it-meant signal. Then go to the coach, say "Hey, #X is gone. That collision was flagrant coach, and she's ejected." No need for excessive whatever. While there is no need for clones/robots, there's no need for Jocko Conlon.

And again, if you don't clearly see the need for ejection on this, please go umpire rugby.

EsqUmp Mon Apr 09, 2012 04:47pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by azbigdawg (Post 836489)
I sincerely doubt there was much confusion as to whether she was ejected or not. The collision speaks for itself.

A collision does not speak for itself. An ejection mechanic is required whether you like it or not. That's like saying that if a runner is out by 10 feet, we don't signal out because the ball in the glove well before the runner arrived spoke for itself. Ejections are not as common and it was not that clear cut here.

EsqUmp Mon Apr 09, 2012 05:03pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkbjones (Post 836543)
The ejection mechanic is not meant to show up a player. I don't give a damn if it's college. The umpire could very well have said "you're gone" very discreetly along with the non-approved-yet-we-all-know-what-it-meant signal. Then go to the coach, say "Hey, #X is gone. That collision was flagrant coach, and she's ejected." No need for excessive whatever. While there is no need for clones/robots, there's no need for Jocko Conlon.

So you not only want to ignore a specific mechanic, but also a POE? :rolleyes:

Perhaps if you actually knew what the NCAA Softball Umpire Manual said you wouldn't find it so offensive. But clearly you don't know what it says, so I will fill you in:

"It is imperative when making this signal that no aggressive move or gesture, real or perceived, is made toward the person being ejected. The signal should be MODERATELY ANIMATED after increasing the physical distance between the umpire and the ejected person as needed. The degree of animation is dictated by the situation. This signal does NOT have to be exact, but it must be CLEARLY UNDERSTOOD that someone has been ejected."

"Partners in particular, but also other players and fans, must know when an umpire has ejected someone."

tcannizzo Mon Apr 09, 2012 05:19pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JefferMC (Post 836493)
Must be a second Michelle Smith.

Ammended to say that she had a pretty good game. :o

bkbjones Mon Apr 09, 2012 05:23pm

Obviously, you do not know me. Just as obviously, your are one tremendously pretentious, um, person. And, yes, I do know what it says because someone took pity on me and sent me the manual. (Just because I am no longer physically capable of being on the field doesn't mean I don't care.) I saw the play in question and saw how it was handled, and I do not have a problem with it.

Neither should you.

EsqUmp Mon Apr 09, 2012 05:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkbjones (Post 836573)
Obviously, you do not know me. Just as obviously, your are one tremendously pretentious, um, person. And, yes, I do know what it says because someone took pity on me and sent me the manual. (Just because I am no longer physically capable of being on the field doesn't mean I don't care.) I saw the play in question and saw how it was handled, and I do not have a problem with it.

Neither should you.

The issue isn't whether we are getting on the umpire. The discussion is whether it could be handled better in the future and more by the book.

You clearly must know the mechanics, since you do have the manual, you just don't think it's so necessary to use them.

bkbjones Mon Apr 09, 2012 07:03pm

Geeeeeeezus. Are you serious? Of course mechanics should be used.

I also know there is rulebook/manual right, ballpark wrong.

This is what I get for crawling out of the ol' deathbed. I can;t get this board on my Android. I think I regret getting on here. Bye.

IRISHMAFIA Mon Apr 09, 2012 08:21pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by EsqUmp (Post 836568)
"It is imperative when making this signal that no aggressive move or gesture, real or perceived, is made toward the person being ejected. The signal <S style="text-line-through: double">should</S> (may) be MODERATELY ANIMATED after increasing the physical distance between the umpire and the ejected person as needed. The degree of animation is dictated by the situation. This signal does NOT have to be exact, but it must be CLEARLY UNDERSTOOD that someone has been ejected."

<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p

That seems appropriate and, IMO, where it should end.
<O:p
Quote:

"Partners in particular, but also other players and fans, must know when an umpire has ejected someone."

<O:p</O:pWhy? Does the NCAA see a need to embarrass someone more than the ejection has already? Do they deserve it? Maybe, but I'd rather just move on with the game.

The players already know or is it really that important to make sure the outfielders are aware; other than the PU, my partner doesn't really have an immediate need to know; and why would the fans need to know that prior to an announcement?

To me, this is overkill. Just don't see the need for it.

Steve M Mon Apr 09, 2012 08:33pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkbjones (Post 836585)

This is what I get for crawling out of the ol' deathbed. I can;t get this board on my Android. I think I regret getting on here. Bye.

John,
You ucking idiot. Now that you're back here, don't you dare leave again.

BretMan Mon Apr 09, 2012 08:36pm

But giving the old full wind-up over-the-head roundhouse heave-ho is just so much damn...fun! ;)

IRISHMAFIA Mon Apr 09, 2012 09:33pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve M (Post 836600)
John,
You ucking idiot. Now that you're back here, don't you dare leave again.

Steve, can't you see he got the f out of here?

azbigdawg Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:29pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by EsqUmp (Post 836566)
A collision does not speak for itself. An ejection mechanic is required whether you like it or not. That's like saying that if a runner is out by 10 feet, we don't signal out because the ball in the glove well before the runner arrived spoke for itself. Ejections are not as common and it was not that clear cut here.

I would totally disagree. Hell, I showed it to non softball peopele and they knew what the heck happened.

no need to be overly demonstrative there....

bkbjones Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:45pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA (Post 836609)

Damn I miss most of you guys. Thank you for making me laugh Mike.

okla21fan Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:59pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA (Post 836609)

and he used the 'required' mechanic too!

MD Longhorn Tue Apr 10, 2012 09:07am

Quote:

Welcome back, and don't leave on account of someone that most of us have blocked...

EsqUmp Tue Apr 10, 2012 05:27pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by okla21fan (Post 836620)
and he used the 'required' mechanic too!

I must have missed it...

EsqUmp Tue Apr 10, 2012 05:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by azbigdawg (Post 836616)

Where did I say he should have been "overly demonstrative?" That's contrary to what I said. Nice of you to misrepresent what I said though.

IRISHMAFIA Tue Apr 10, 2012 06:47pm

https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/im...yN_S301zDZZlHZ

NSABill Wed Apr 11, 2012 04:49pm

I guess I will be banned

EsQUmp,

I figured I may be banned for this and it is unprofessional but you are unbearable and are a punk.
Go back under your rock.
If I ever find out who you are, you will never work for me.

Good Day

Bill

EsqUmp Wed Apr 11, 2012 05:06pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by NSABill (Post 836959)
EsQUmp,

I figured I may be banned for this and it is unprofessional but you are unbearable and are a punk.
Go back under your rock.
If I ever find out who you are, you will never work for me.

Good Day

Bill

I apologize to you for recommending that the mechanic could have been more evident and citing my reasons. It's juvenile how many people who post on forums preach the rules and mechanics, not allowing for even moderate deviations for the smallest things, yet choose to argue against them based on personal opinion for a specific case.

I thought that the call was accurate. I thought the mechanics could have been better. The mechanics lacked a dead ball signal and moderately animated ejection signal. That's all I was saying.

x-tremeump Thu Apr 12, 2012 07:54am

xtreamump

I thought the play was lacking control of the PU, I only saw very little of the play just like everyone here. In FP SB the mechanics have to be quick and clear, I want my partner to know what is going on first, then both coach's. You are not trying to show up a player that just caused a TRAIN WRECK by tossing her, she earned that all by herself. We as Umpires have to control the game. EsqUmp, I think most of these Clones do Rec ball or Slow pitch, they can read a book, and spend all day on the forum picking everyone apart that does not interpret the intent of a rule or mechanic there way.

RadioBlue Thu Apr 12, 2012 08:16am

I, too, would have like to have seen some sort of indication that left no question the player was ejected. A large part of our jobs as umpires is to communicate. Players, coaches, partners, officials scorers, and even fans deserve to know what an umpires' ruling is. I didn't feel the results of this illegal action were communicated clearly enough for all to understand.

Do I have a huge problem with how the EJ was handled? No. I just think it could have been more clearly indicated. I especially want my partners to know what's going on in the event they need to get involved and keep a situation from getting worse.

IRISHMAFIA Thu Apr 12, 2012 08:26am

Quote:

The mechanics lacked a dead ball signal.
This comment is true unless the umpire was not going to rule interference. However, with a runner still active, a DB signal should have been made

Quote:

I think most of these Clones do Rec ball or Slow pitch, they can read a book, they just can't interpret what the words define.
That has got to be one of the dumbest ****ing comments I've seen on this board in a while.

CecilOne Thu Apr 12, 2012 09:25am

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtreamump (Post 837027)
they can read a book, they just can't interpret what the words define.

:eek: :eek: :(
That is the most completely wrong you and probably anyone has ever been. :( :o

With only 25 years experience of FP and 15 years of SP, only one ASA National, only two PONY Nationals, only one USSSA World Series, only D3 & JUCO college, only a few HS State Championships and 9 years on this forum; I am still less credentialed than most of those who continue to try to help with meaningful and useful posts.

Welpe Thu Apr 12, 2012 09:38am

Quote:

John, glad to see you back here. Also glad to see you made it back to God's country. :D

It is interesting to read about the expected mechanic in softball vs. baseball. In baseball it would be expected to call the out and issue an immediate visible ejection. Just goes to show they are not the same game.

Dakota Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:31am

With all the trolls showing up here, things must have gotten boring on the baseball board.

x-tremeump Thu Apr 12, 2012 01:38pm

xtreamump

Quote:

Originally Posted by CecilOne (Post 837037)
:eek: :eek: :(
That is the most completely wrong you and probably anyone has ever been. :( :o

With only 25 years experience of FP and 15 years of SP, only one ASA National, only two PONY Nationals, only one USSSA World Series, only D3 & JUCO college, only a few HS State Championships and 9 years on this forum; I am still less credentialed than most of those who continue to try to help with meaningful and useful posts.

Nice Resume, now try to show us what you have learned in 25 years.
With 4 pages of "Useful Posts" on this kind of play, the water is muddy my friend. Lets agree to move on. Its OK to do SP, we all will have to slow down eventually.

azbigdawg Thu Apr 12, 2012 01:45pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtreamump (Post 837088)
Nice Resume, now try to show us what you have learned in 25 years.
With 4 pages of "Useful Posts" on this kind of play, the water is muddy my friend. Lets agree to move on. Its OK to do SP, we all will have to slow down eventually.

You just proved that you have no credibility with your first post....and are little more than a troll with your follow-ups.

Your contribution to the thread was less than those you are trying to mock.

x-tremeump Thu Apr 12, 2012 01:54pm

xtreamump

Quote:

Originally Posted by azbigdawg (Post 837093)
You just proved that you have no credibility with your first post....and are little more than a troll with your follow-ups.

Your contribution to the thread was less than those you are trying to mock.

I am not trying to mock anyone, I am stating a fact that this thread has gone on too long, and my OP is credible. And you Clones wonder why you are on a new Forum. NCASAUMP. You can all go over there and talk about your "SP Beer games". Some of us need new material about FP SB.

x-tremeump Thu Apr 12, 2012 02:02pm

xtreamump

Quote:

Originally Posted by azbigdawg (Post 836616)
I would totally disagree. Hell, I showed it to non softball people and they knew what the heck happened.

Why don't you tell us what happened ? This is a perfect case of interpretation. It does not show anything but the runner crashing into the catcher. Have another drink and make something else up. SP "CLONE"

azbigdawg Thu Apr 12, 2012 02:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtreamump (Post 837098)
Why don't you tell us what happened ? This is a perfect case of interpretation. It does not show anything but the runner crashing into the catcher. Have another drink and make something else up. SP "CLONE"

I'm not sure what your issue is, and why you think you have to demean others. If you dont like someones point of view, why not counter it in a professional manner without all the antics?

x-tremeump Thu Apr 12, 2012 02:10pm

xtreamump

"and are little more than a troll with your follow-ups".

I will be professional just like you. (MOVE ON)

azbigdawg Thu Apr 12, 2012 02:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtreamump (Post 837100)
"and are little more than a troll with your follow-ups".

I will be professional just like you. (MOVE ON)

You came in blasting, calling people names...It's not the first time. It's also not the first time you have been asked to be respectful. Why not come in, disgree, discuss, and learn like most others?

EsqUmp Thu Apr 12, 2012 04:43pm

Typical - I can be called unbearable, a punk, and anything else that requires a "@#$%^&*"

No one seems to mind that. I don't mind either. I have thick skin.

But when the table turns, it's like the world is going to come to an end.

If you're going to complain about someone doing it to you, be a little more careful about doing it to others.

See, when you put things in writing, it's easy to go back to see all the instances that would allow you to be called a hypocrite.

Be careful with what you say or it can be used against you later on.

x-tremeump Thu Apr 12, 2012 05:39pm

xtreamump

There is a lesson to be learned here "Silence cannot be mis-quoted" remember that when you are on the field.

azbigdawg Thu Apr 12, 2012 09:14pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtreamump (Post 837146)
There is a lesson to be learned here "Silence cannot be mis-quoted" remember that when you are on the field.

My question still stands...

CecilOne Fri Apr 13, 2012 09:33am

I don't think I could umpire or even live without a better grasp on reality than a couple of our participants. :( :o

NSABill Fri Apr 13, 2012 05:17pm

I was not silent and glad you can quote me.
Very well meant what I said.

x-tremeump Fri Apr 13, 2012 09:18pm

xtreamump

"Ump Esq

You strike me as a very young sophomoric umpire.

You are excused".

You are full of STUPIDITY spewing from your mouth onto the keyboard. I would love to see you coming on my field if I was coaching FP you would be a small snack. If you have nothing better to do find Az. Big Dog & Cecil "lol" and find a SP game somewhere and dress up as Umpires, (CLONES) drink some rot gut beer and fade away. The best thing that you have posted is that you should be kicked off the Forum. Silence

azbigdawg Sat Apr 14, 2012 07:51am

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtreamump (Post 837341)
"Ump Esq

You strike me as a very young sophomoric umpire.

You are excused".

You are full of STUPIDITY spewing from your mouth onto the keyboard. I would love to see you coming on my field if I was coaching FP you would be a small snack. If you have nothing better to do find Az. Big Dog & Cecil "lol" and find a SP game somewhere and dress up as Umpires, (CLONES) drink some rot gut beer and fade away. The best thing that you have posted is that you should be kicked off the Forum. Silence

who is Az.Big Dog?

and thank you for explaining a couple of things. I get you now. You're here for the entertainment. You could have just said so.

x-tremeump Sat Apr 14, 2012 05:48pm

xtreamump

Quote:

Originally Posted by azbigdawg (Post 837365)
who is Az.Big Dog?

and thank you for explaining a couple of things. I get you now. You're here for the entertainment. You could have just said so.

Please don't thank me Big Dog, its all good fun. Have a great day and please let this Post drop off the bottom of the Forum because thats where it belongs. Oh and I made a spelling mistake once, so I bought the best spell checker thing that an Ump could afford, so a dog is a dog...

azbigdawg Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:46pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by NSABill (Post 837405)
My young gentlemen,

I have umpired Major World series for four organizations.
12 Regional NCAA tournaments for all 3 levels of FP & BB.
Attended Pro School.
UIC'd in excess of 24 World Series.
Can not count how many State, Regional and normal tournaments.
Still work a full schedule.

Oh by the way I am in a National Hall of Fame. (As an umpire)
Send me a picture of your ring and I will send you mine.

You both just downright irritate me and upset me with your total lack of respect for fellow umpires and our profession.
I think you are just on here to stir the pot and you have succeeded.
I have mentored many fellow umpires but I believe you both need to find another avocation.
You have succeeded in what you wanted to do and that was to stir up garbage.
It is not too hard to figure out who I am so feel free to come up and intr oduce yourself some day. I will be glad to make sure you do not work for me. I promise you I am done with this board as you have truly made it unbearable.

Easy.... calm down my good man...no need to toss out the credentials to prove a point...we prove ourselves ON the field, not on the boards...dont let anyone get to you....

Dakota Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:21am

I'd really be great if you guys would quit quoting those on my ignore list. I really hate having to read their drivel even indirectly.

IRISHMAFIA Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:49am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dakota (Post 837551)
I'd really be great if you guys would quit quoting those on my ignore list. I really hate having to read their drivel even indirectly.

Can you please provide a list? :rolleyes: :D

Dakota Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:49pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA (Post 837559)
Can you please provide a list? :rolleyes: :D

Well, I COULD, but I suppose the list is pretty obvious... ;)