The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri May 02, 2003, 11:06am
Official Forum Member

Question

Been a while since I have posted but last night something happened in the game before mine that I thought was curious. 12U Slowpitch game on a field where 12U and 16U both play. There are 2 pitching rubbers on the field one at 46' and one at 50'. 1 hour game limit and at the bottom of the 1st there was 1 minute left on the clock so they had to start another inning, Visitors were up 20-1 and then they realized that the pitcher for the home team was pitching from the 50' rubber instead of the 46. 2nd inning both pitchers pitched from 46' rubber and final score after 2 innnings was 20-14. My question is who's responsibility should it have been in that situation to make sure she was pitching from the correct rubber? Ump or Coach. Also once they realized this should anything have been done about the 1st inning?
Old Fri May 02, 2003, 11:22am
Official Forum Member

As soon as either an umpire or a coach notice the mistake, it should be corrected immediately. All play prior to the correction would stand!

Scott
Old Fri May 02, 2003, 11:31am
Official Forum Member

Hey, Dukat, how are things on Terok Nor?
Old Fri May 02, 2003, 01:37pm
Official Forum Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Dakota
Hey, Dukat, how are things on Terok Nor?
Things are doing great, Just trying to figure out which games go on which holosuite.
Old Sun May 04, 2003, 06:10am
Official Forum Member

Talking

Reminds me of a game I had earlier this year. Local high school. I have worked this field for the last 10 or so years. Doing a game, I am PU. Coach from visitors team comes to me after the end of the first inning. He says he thinks the pitching distance isn't right, and he has a tape measure. I say ok coach lets measure it. We measure the distance, and guess what???? It is 48 feet. Remember, I have worked this field for at least 10 years, and the pitchers plate has been there all this time. We change it to the right distance, and continue. Kind of interesting no one ever noticed it before.

NIF