The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Apr 13, 2003, 09:30am
Official Forum Member

Talking

Had a 9 inning, 2hr 45 minute game on Friday, well played and a blast to work.
Almost every half inning the bases were loaded on the 3rd out, great defensive plays and good hitting.

Just thought I would rub it in some............
Old Sun Apr 13, 2003, 02:03pm
Official Forum Member

Well...since we are bragging here....

I had a 7 inning, 1 hour and twenty minute varsity game Friday night between two "power houses" in the district. Final score 1-0. Ball put in play nearly every batter, a total of 6 K's on the night. I had the dish and enjoyed every minute of it, even though both coaches are known to be fairly hard core. The real satisfying part was the losing teams' coaches and fans coming over and thanking me for doing a good job.

Scott
Old Sun Apr 13, 2003, 10:19pm
Official Forum Member

Yeeeech

I had two average varsity teams that couldn't get it right all evening. 2 hrs first game, 20 min break, then into 2 hours second game when I shut it down because the "big light" had gone out.

In bottom of 6th inning the home team had gone up by 7 runs, still had runners on base with 1 out. The sun had just gone below the tree line. I called both coaches and suggested that we end it, saying that we would not be able to play another full inning and that the home team was ahead. Visiting coach strongly protested. I told him that he would have to score at least 7 runs; that would take a long first half inning, and it would be too dark to finish so we would have to revert back to the 6th inning anyway. Still disagreed. "OK Coach," I said "but you better get two outs real quick and get your team ready to bat. (One of the many delays in the game would occur after the home team had completed it's warmups and I would call for a batter. Girl in on-deck circle was second batter; the first batter was in the dugout talking to teammates or coaches and I'd have to go call her out.)

Home team scored two more runs before finally being retired. "Game, Coach!" I said as I tossed the balls to the home team and partner and I left the field. Not a peep; just sent his girls on the field for the congratulatory line-up.

WMP
Old Mon Apr 14, 2003, 09:52am
Official Forum Member

Talking

Ok, here is mine. Yesterday game between U of D and Hofstra,i'm on the plate. thire game of their series first two played on saturday. On sat. Hofstra crushes U of D 11-1 and 11-0.
Back to my game on Sun. Real good game some good hits, only one error by U of D. top of seventh U of D ahead 1-0 one out Hofstra has runners on second and third. Third base person playing up batter smokes a line drive down third, 3rd baseperson makes a great snag. Two outs still runners on 2nd and 3rd. count two balls two strikes, I thinking extra innings, God i hate when that happens. Pitcher throws pitch, fast ball belt high half of ball catches outside part of plate... You guessedit...... SSSSSRRRRIKKTTEEE three.

I have ended four games this year on called third strikes. We walk of the field past Hofstra's head coach, he doesn't say a word. Now that was unusal.

NIF
Old Wed Apr 23, 2003, 07:52am
Official Forum Member

Location: The Land Of The Free and The Home Of The Brave (MD/DE)
quick ?

A HS varsity game starting at 3:30. Nothing much happening, until 5th inning. Then one team figures out the other pitcher, scores several runs in the next two innings, losing team changes pitchers, etc. Game over, walked to parking lot, stopped to talk to a friend, still in parking lot by 4:45. We might have started a few minutes early, but under 70 minutes sounds quick to me.
Old Wed Apr 23, 2003, 09:46am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Del-Blue
Ok, SSSSSRRRRIKKTTEEE three.

What the heck is a sriktee?