The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Thu Apr 10, 2003, 06:17am
Official Forum Member

Some of the things that make the games so interesting (sometimes) are the unusal events and plays, (not to be confused with Thirld World plays) that we witness firsthand.
Last Saturday, as BU for a U14 girls game, I had a triple play, which although it was not the first one I'd actually had the opportunity to see one, it is nevertheless always memorable. PU had the fly ball catch by the CF, then I had the back end, doubling/tripling(?) off the runners from 2nd and 3rd, neither of which had tagged up.
Then Tuesday night, as BU for a U12 girls game, I witnessed something, that I cannot remember ever having seen before. In one complete inning, there were a total of 6 pitches delivered, resulting in 6 fair batted balls, that were then converted into 6 defensive outs. Think about just how unusal that scenario really is. Not one of the batters, took a pitch, or fouled one off, or popped up. They all put it in play. Obviously, the pitchers each made 3 quality pitches in a row. Then the defense did their part with no errors. It was just an unusal chain of events, that I thought was pretty neat.
Anybody else care to share???