The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Sep 01, 2011, 06:46am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr131981 View Post
i appreciate your responses to not only this thread but to all the threads, its obvious you have a wealth of knowledge.

but you did say that if the cap comes off a bat, that it "clearly suggests there has been an attempt to alter the bat."

i agree there definitely could be a better way to manufacture the bats, but companies dont do whats the best, they do whats the most profitable.

and btw, just last spring i purchased a brush that has a bat ring built in from my ASA office.

very similar to this one

Sport About Equipment : Allstar Umpire Plate Brush and Bat Ring PB3 [PB3] - $8.99

please dont fault me for buying what was stocked in my local ASA office.
I don't think that Mike was implying that any bat that had an endcap issue was altered, but that it no longer fit the rule of a legal bat.

That being said.......the old Anderson bats back in the late 90's early 2000's were notorious for having rivets that started to protrude......my association allowed them to be pushed back in with no penalty. I think that is the way most places dealt with that issue.

Anderson tackled that issue and as far as I am aware, it is no longer a problem.

I do agree that there are adhesives that are currently available, that will never come loose........the bat companies need to do their part to make sure that their endcaps should not ever separate.

Joel