The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Softball (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/)
-   -   don't look at the NCAA rule book (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/67295-dont-look-ncaa-rule-book.html)

shipwreck Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:47am

don't look at the NCAA rule book

OK, quick, without looking at an NCAA rulebook. What is the penalty for a second defensive conference in the same inning? Not for the real experienced umps. Dave

KJUmp Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:01am

Quote:

Originally Posted by shipwreck (Post 750611)
OK, quick, without looking at an NCAA rulebook. What is the penalty for a second defensive conference in the same inning? Not for the real experienced umps. Dave

Dave, knowing the answer to your question, but not meeting your qualifier to post a reply; I'm curious as to what sitch occurred to prompt you to post the question?

SergioJ Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:07am

Quote:

Originally Posted by KJUmp (Post 750615)
Dave, knowing the answer to your question, but not meeting your qualifier to post a reply; I'm curious as to what sitch occurred to prompt you to post the question?

Do I qualify? Do I qualify?

Serg

Az.Ump Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:53am

Vacation:rolleyes:

Paul

JefferMC Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:17pm

Okay, I have no NCAA experience... but I'll take a stab.

Is it the same as the ASA penalty?

shipwreck Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:18pm

OK, I'll make it a little tougher. An OC has already used their offensive conference for an inning. In the same half inning, the catcher asked and is granted time to talk to her pitcher. All the infielders (without a coach) gather around the pitcher. The girls on base leave their bases and go talk to the third base coach. What do you have? This is also NCAA. Dave

shipwreck Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:19pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JefferMC (Post 750647)
Okay, I have no NCAA experience... but I'll take a stab.

Is it the same as the ASA penalty?

Nope.

KJUmp Fri Apr 15, 2011 06:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by shipwreck (Post 750649)
OK, I'll make it a little tougher. An OC has already used their offensive conference for an inning. In the same half inning, the catcher asked and is granted time to talk to her pitcher. All the infielders (without a coach) gather around the pitcher. The girls on base leave their bases and go talk to the third base coach. What do you have? This is also NCAA. Dave

Ahhhhh......now it gets interesting.
Let's us know when it's OK for the rest of us to play.

shipwreck Fri Apr 15, 2011 07:38pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by KJUmp (Post 750749)
Ahhhhh......now it gets interesting.
Let's us know when it's OK for the rest of us to play.

It is open for anyone now. Let's see what everyone says. Dave

KJUmp Fri Apr 15, 2011 08:17pm

Quote:

NCAA....
Eject the HC of the offensive team.
Then if you were the BU(s) kick yourself(s) in the a** for not paying attention and as to what was going on and not doing whatever you could have done to prevent the offensive team from violating of the conference rule.

shipwreck Fri Apr 15, 2011 08:44pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by KJUmp (Post 750757)
NCAA....
Eject the HC of the offensive team.
Then if you were the BU(s) kick yourself(s) in the a** for not paying attention and as to what was going on and not doing whatever you could have done to prevent the offensive team from violating of the conference rule.

Got it. Now go ahead and give the penalty for the OP. Dave

KJUmp Fri Apr 15, 2011 09:01pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by shipwreck (Post 750766)
Got it. Now go ahead and give the penalty for the OP. Dave

NCAA...
Eject the defensive team rep/reps who held the second charged defensive conference in the inning.
And as previously stated.....kick yourself in the a** for allowing it to happen.

HugoTafurst Sat Apr 16, 2011 06:45am

Quote:

Originally Posted by shipwreck (Post 750611)

"Not for the experienced umpire"?

:confused:WTF does that mean.:confused:

How experienced does one have to be?
Does that mean that someone who know's NCAA rules shouldn't answer?
Or does that mean that only people who don't know the answer are allowed to attempt a guess?
:rolleyes:

shipwreck Sat Apr 16, 2011 08:18am

Quote:

Originally Posted by HugoTafurst (Post 750840)
"Not for the experienced umpire"?

:confused:WTF does that mean.:confused:

How experienced does one have to be?
Does that mean that someone who know's NCAA rules shouldn't answer?
Or does that mean that only people who don't know the answer are allowed to attempt a guess?
:rolleyes:

Well, I was just hoping that someone who for sure knew the answer wouldn't answer too quickly and then the post would die. Sorry for making that request. Dave

CecilOne Sat Apr 16, 2011 09:31am

Quote:

Am I correct that runners may not leave base during a defense timeout, coach conference or not?