The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Softball (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/)
-   -   illegal pitches in college (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/63478-illegal-pitches-college.html)

RKBUmp Sun Feb 27, 2011 01:04pm

illegal pitches in college

Thought they were cracking down on illegal pitchers in college? Sitting here watching a d1 game and pitcher is leaping and replanting and has not been called once.

KJUmp Sun Feb 27, 2011 07:16pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by RKBUmp (Post 734762)
Thought they were cracking down on illegal pitchers in college? Sitting here watching a d1 game and pitcher is leaping and replanting and has not been called once.

What schools were playing?

RKBUmp Sun Feb 27, 2011 08:31pm

Sam Houston and central Arkansas. What's really strange is on Friday I think they called a combined 9 illegal pitches on the 2 teams and then sat and Sun nothing.

SNIPERBBB Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by RKBUmp (Post 734865)
Sam Houston and central Arkansas. What's really strange is on Friday I think they called a combined 9 illegal pitches on the 2 teams and then sat and Sun nothing.

Maybe their arms got tired?

MichaelVA2000 Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:40pm

Quote:

Was the same crew umpiring Sat. & Sun?

RKBUmp Mon Feb 28, 2011 08:35am

Yes it was the same crew at all the games I was watching. Have a couple of photos from saturday I took, will have to figure out how to post them. Had camera already packed away for flight on sunday so no pics from that game.

HugoTafurst Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:23am

Quote:

Same pitchers?
Sounds like a conscious decision to not make the call.

Sometimes things don't always happen as planned.

Not saying it's right or wrong.... just saying.

MichaelVA2000 Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:30am

Quote:

Originally Posted by HugoTafurst (Post 735042)
Same pitchers?

Sounds like a conscious decision to not make the call.
Sometimes things always happen as planned.

Many of us have been on the receiving end of that conversation.

RKBUmp Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:39am

Sam Houston Pitcher
072.jpg picture by compchassi - Photobucket

UCA pitcher
058.jpg picture by compchassi - Photobucket

Sunday pitcher for UCA was completely legal. Sam Houston pitcher was leaping out about a foot in front of plate, replanting on the left hand lane line and then stepping in and throwing. Wish I had pictures of her.

KJUmp Mon Feb 28, 2011 08:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by RKBUmp (Post 734976)
Yes it was the same crew at all the games I was watching. Have a couple of photos from saturday I took, will have to figure out how to post them. Had camera already packed away for flight on sunday so no pics from that game.

Not entirely the same crew, only Bains and Kearney worked both games.
Sat.2/26 Central AK U v. Sam Houston: Crew- HP Kearney 1B Bains 3B Mann
Sun.2/27 Central AK U v. Sam Houston: Crew- HP Douglas 1B Kearney 3B Bains

topper Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:09am

Am I the only one who thinks it's poor form to post the names of umpires whose judgement has been criticized by a spectator and whose integrity has been called into question by a poster without a clue?

CecilOne Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:34am

Quote:

Originally Posted by topper (Post 735479)
Am I the only one who thinks it's poor form to post the names of umpires whose judgement has been criticized by a spectator and whose integrity has been called into question by a poster without a clue?

NO, not just you.

HugoTafurst Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by topper (Post 735479)

Seeing the names took me aback also.
You (and Cecil) are not the only ones.

UMP 64 Tue Mar 01, 2011 01:29pm

illegal pitches in college

:mad:Very unprofessional to post any names on any website. We are a furtinity and should act and post accordingly.
NO NAMES in the future!:eek:

IRISHMAFIA Tue Mar 01, 2011 01:29pm

Anyone here ever work games that were just outright problematic for all parties involved?

Anyone ever have a UIC tell them to ignore or ease up on some issues for the purpose of getting through a game?

I would not expect this at the college level, but unless you were there and included in the event, you don't know what happened.

Mentioning the crews may not be good form, but I'm not overly worried about it as we just don't know what may have transpired. I doubt quite seriously that the crew did not discuss their games, what was being seen and what was called.