The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Fri Apr 02, 2010, 07:21am
Official Forum Member

Revolutionary Method of Teaching Rules

An April Fool's post on heybucket got me thinking and I believe I've come up with a new way to teach the rules to coaches and parents (and adult players).

Billy Mays is gone (thank you) and all these other putz hucksters won't worth with their Australian accents, so I guess we will have to go with Montel Williams as our spokesperson.

Here's the idea:

ASA buys Dixie Cups and begins marketing the 16 oz. red cups to the softball market.

They print a rule on one side, a case play on the other and the answer on the bottom!!!

The people will read the rule and play and turn the cup upside down to get the answer. Damn, they lose all that beer and get so pissed, crush that cup. Well, now they need to go get a new one, but look, another rule and play.

Hell, ASA will make a fortune selling the cups; The idiots stay sober; And maybe along the way, we teach a few people the rules. Maybe even get a few new umpires. Then they will know the answer and not waste the beer turning over the damn cup!!!

Whatchya think?