The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Fri Feb 12, 2010, 09:57pm
Official Forum Member

Well, I've Already Had Enough of the Olympics (Rant)

Settled in to catch the opening ceremony of the Olympics, watched the piece about the luger who died. Of course, they had to find an equipment issue, but putting pads on those girders probably wouldn't have helped that much at 80+ mph.

Love the portions about Canada, beautiful country especially the Rockies. Interesting clip on the torch run though I could do without Arnold on the screen longer than 5 seconds.

Then started the preview of the coverage which was nothing more than a commercial about the show within the show. Those sneaky little *******s

Then came Quincy Jones and Wathephucsisname, Lionel something or something Lionel with their pitch of We are the Scam of the World, the Sequel. You know, where all the proceeds (that is an important word here) go to feed the hungry and and provide medicines, yada, yada, yada. Then just as the NBC announcers started to promo this money grab, for profit benefit event, I.......oh, look, there' Criminal Minds.

Nevermind!