The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Jul 22, 2002, 04:19pm
Official Forum Member

Called TAAF State tournament this past weekend. Lots of fun, even fortunate enough to get scheduled on the plate for the championship game.

On Sunday morning, the dew was fairly heavy for the 8am game. Because I knew that the ball was going to be wet whenever it hit the grass, I talked with the coaches on how I was going to handle it: live ball until Blue calls time.

Top of the 1st, two outs runner on 1b, batter hits the ball to RCF. Throw goes into 3b with the runner safe. After the safe call, F5 turns and tosses the ball to her coach and looks to me for a dry ball. The coach went from being really upset with his player to just standing there and laughing as we advance the runners. He justs looks at me and says, "You warned me, it's my own fault."

Forturnately for the F5, her team ended up winning the game.
Old Mon Jul 22, 2002, 08:00pm
Official Forum Member

Glen.........

When I first noticed that TAAF was hosting a SB tournament...........I wondered what rules they were calling under??

Any help...........?

I know that they used to have (even back when it was AAU) the strictest rules I ever saw on body art...........NO TATOOES.........even in the Masters division..........they had to be covered..........

I used to swim Masters and there was a State guy who swam with Spitz in the 1972 Olympics who had a small dolphin tatooed on his arm from then...........(the story was that everyone from the 400M Medly Relay team got the same tatoo).........the TAAF folks made him cover it up...........grin

Seriously though...........what set of rules do they play under?

Joel

Old Mon Jul 22, 2002, 08:40pm
Official Forum Member

Joel,

TAAF plays under ASA rules.

By the way, we could have used a few clouds up in this part of Texas over the weekend. But I did appreciate you keeping the rain away.

Gary