The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old Thu May 21, 2009, 06:34pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 746
Storm in Seattle

I hope you were not in this storm Wade and others in Seattle area


Yahoo!
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old Thu May 21, 2009, 06:36pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sierra Nevada Mtns
Posts: 3,220
SRW's a wild bill guy... I'm in CA!
__________________
ASA, NCAA, NFHS
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old Thu May 21, 2009, 06:44pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 746
I knew your sign on has Sierra Nvd mountains but still associated you with Seattle. My bag.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old Fri May 22, 2009, 10:54am
SRW SRW is offline
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Seattle area
Posts: 1,342
It was a pretty intense storm. I was watching the Angels-Mariners game on TV at the time and there was a huge, booming thunder that even the players were startled about. I'm sure with the roof closed on Safeco that the echo in there was pretty awesome.
__________________
We see with our eyes. Fans and parents see with their hearts.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old Fri May 22, 2009, 12:04pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 14,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRW View Post
It was a pretty intense storm. I was watching the Angels-Mariners game on TV at the time and there was a huge, booming thunder that even the players were startled about. I'm sure with the roof closed on Safeco that the echo in there was pretty awesome.
Why do they need a roof? With a name like the "Mariners" shouldn't they be quite efficient in watery situations?
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old Fri May 22, 2009, 12:11pm
SRW SRW is offline
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Seattle area
Posts: 1,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA View Post
Why do they need a roof? With a name like the "Mariners" shouldn't they be quite efficient in watery situations?
Well, the public voted it down once. The legislature thought they knew better than us and found funding. Long story short, I hate that I have to pay for it, but it's an awesome ballpark.

Hell, we're still paying off the Kingdome bonds!
__________________
We see with our eyes. Fans and parents see with their hearts.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old Fri May 22, 2009, 12:53pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 14,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRW View Post
Well, the public voted it down once. The legislature thought they knew better than us and found funding. Long story short, I hate that I have to pay for it, but it's an awesome ballpark.

Hell, we're still paying off the Kingdome bonds!
I liked the Kingdome. The concourses were tight, but I liked the stadium overall. Of course, I liked Sneakers even better.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's This? It doesn't snow in Seattle! IRISHMAFIA Softball 39 Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:06pm
Rocky, you see any signs of storm where you are?? off topic rainmaker Basketball 13 Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:07pm
Seattle refs clips2 Basketball 7 Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:02pm
Seattle associations clips2 Baseball 2 Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:07pm
Earl Storm brandan89 Basketball 16 Wed Jun 01, 2005 07:30pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:32am.



Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0 RC1