The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Apr 23, 2009, 11:33am
Official Forum Member

Who Served

Okay, I get kind of misty eyed this time of year (and on November 10) as I recall my entrance in to government service so many years ago. How many of you guys served in the service?

Bugg
Old Thu Apr 23, 2009, 11:35am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuggBob View Post
Okay, I get kind of misty eyed this time of year (and on November 10) as I recall my entrance in to government service so many years ago. How many of you guys served in the service?

Bugg
Depends on what you are calling "government service." I did a stint working for the USDOL before heading back to education. As an educator, I am pretty much in "GS" as well.

Now are you talking about military service???

It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to paint it.
Old Thu Apr 23, 2009, 11:59am
Official Forum Member

PLEASE NOTE: In no way it this directed toward or a knock on anyone who has given any part of their life to the military. All have my utmost respect and admiration.

I did, but often wonder why anyone would give any time to help defend 300MM people only to empower 545. It irritates the hell out of me when groups and organizations in this country "honor" their Vets who fought for our freedom only to turn around and tell us that this word or phrase or action cannot occur without the wrath of our legal system crashing down upon us as it may offend a person or group, often not of our citizenry.

These people tell me that they are grateful for my service just before telling me I have to endure a background investigation before I can enter the same park as a child with whom I will have no private interaction. And if someone raises their voice against such types of action, they MUST have something to hide. Joe McCarthy is well and alive in today's USA.

I have to be sensitive of this person's or that group's culture, heritage or sexual orientation, but I'm not permitted to celebrate mine without being labeled a hate-monger or an enigma upon our society.

Yeah, I served and am almost embarassed by the result.

Sorry to rant, but you asked the question.

545 PEOPLE
By Charlie Reese
Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.

Have you ever wondered, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, WHY do we have deficits?

Have you ever wondered, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, WHY do we have inflation and high taxes?

You and I don't propose a federal budget. The president does.

You and I don't have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of Representatives does.

You and I don't write the tax code, Congress does.

You and I don't set fiscal policy, Congress does.

You and I don't control monetary policy, the Federal Reserve Bank does.

100 senators, 435 congressmen, one president, and nine Supreme Court justices 545 human beings out of the 300 million are directly, legally, morally, and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.

I excluded the members of the Federal Reserve Board because that problem was created by the Congress. In 1913, Congress delegated its Constitutional duty to provide a sound currency to a federally chartered, but private, central bank.

I excluded all the special interests and lobbyists for a sound reason. They have no legal authority. They have no ability to coerce a senator, a congressman, or a president to do one cotton-picking thing. I don't care if they offer a politician $1 million dollars in cash.
The politician has the power to accept or reject it. No matter what the lobbyist promises, it is the legislator's responsibility to
determine how he votes.

Those 545 human beings spend much of their energy convincing you that what they did is not their fault. They cooperate in this common con regardless of party.

What separates a politician from a normal human being is an excessive amount of gall. No normal human being would have the gall
of a Speaker, who stood up and criticized the President for creating deficits. The president can only propose a budget. He cannot force the Congress to accept it.

The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, gives sole responsibility to the House of Representatives for originating and approving appropriations and taxes. Who is the speaker of the House? Nancy Pelosi.
She is the leader of the majority party.
She and fellow House members, not the president, can approve any budget they want. If the president vetoes it, they can pass it over his veto if they agree to.

It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 300 million cannot replace 545 people who stand convicted -- by present facts -- of incompetence and irresponsibility. I can't think of a single
domestic problem that is not traceable directly to those 545 people.. When you fully grasp the plain truth that 545 people exercise the power of the federal government, then it must follow that what exists is what they want to exist.

If the tax code is unfair, it's because they want it unfair.

If the budget is in the red, it's because they want it in the red

If the Army & Marines are in ffice:smarttags" />lace w:st="on">IRAQlace> , it's because they want them in IRAQ

If they do not receive social security but are on an elite retirement plan not available to the people, it's because they want it that way.

There are no insoluble government problems.

Do not let these 545 people shift the blame to bureaucrats, whom they hire and whose jobs they can abolish; to lobbyists, whose gifts and advice they can reject; to regulators, to whom they give the power to regulate and from whom they can take this power. Above all, do not let them con you into the belief that there exists disembodied mystical forces like "the economy," "inflation," or "politics" that prevent them from doing what they take an oath to do.

Those 545 people, and they alone, are responsible.

They, and they alone, have the power.

They, and they alone, should be held accountable by the people who are their bosses.

Provided the voters have the gumption to manage their own employees.

We should vote all of them out of office and clean up their mess!

Last edited by IRISHMAFIA; Thu Apr 23, 2009 at 12:16pm.
Old Thu Apr 23, 2009, 12:47pm
Official Forum Member

Me-Staff Sergeant - CA Nat Guard.

I have one son in the Airforce headed to Iraq in 18 days.
I have one son in the Infantry (airborne qual'd but w/inf right now) Army, headed to Afghanistan, with date unknown but late may early June.

I would ask you keep them both in your prayers; my army son is going to an especially hot spot right now in AFG w/ heavy casualties.

Old Thu Apr 23, 2009, 01:51pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadeintothem View Post
Me-Staff Sergeant - CA Nat Guard.

I have one son in the Airforce headed to Iraq in 18 days.
I have one son in the Infantry (airborne qual'd but w/inf right now) Army, headed to Afghanistan, with date unknown but late may early June.

I would ask you keep them both in your prayers; my army son is going to an especially hot spot right now in AFG w/ heavy casualties.

I'm an old 11B. Three years United States Army.
Old Thu Apr 23, 2009, 02:23pm
Official Forum Member

Booya, 11B! I was 98G, only did 2 yrs though.
Old Thu Apr 23, 2009, 02:43pm
Official Forum Member

Service

67V, did 3 years, 2.5 at Fort Hood, TX
Old Thu Apr 23, 2009, 04:30pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA View Post
These people tell me that they are grateful for my service just before telling me I have to endure a background investigation...
My dad was a WWII vet from the Pacific forces. I've still got a letter Ike sent him, thanking him for his sevice. In 1991, I gave my dad and mom a vacation to England. Since my dad was adopted during the depression and had no birth certificate, he initially could not get a passport.

I know folks in the rest of the US laughed about our Strom Thurmond, but our family loved his good ol' country common sense when he told the passport office, "If he can fight for America, he can darn well go see Big Ben."

It's a shame common sense is becoming less common.
Old Thu Apr 23, 2009, 05:19pm
Official Forum Member

6 years United States Navy. SONAR Technician (submarines) on board the USS Chicago during the first Gulf War.
Old Thu Apr 23, 2009, 09:26pm
Official Forum Member

My Daughter is at the defense language school in Monterey CA learning Chinese in the Navy. I am proud of her choice.
Old Thu Apr 23, 2009, 09:28pm
Official Forum Member

11B, 12B, and 18D for me. Retired US Army
Old Thu Apr 23, 2009, 09:51pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA View Post
PLEASE NOTE: In no way it this directed toward or a knock on anyone who has given any part of their life to the military. All have my utmost respect and admiration.

I did, but often wonder why anyone would give any time to help defend 300MM people only to empower 545. It irritates the hell out of me when groups and organizations in this country "honor" their Vets who fought for our freedom only to turn around and tell us that this word or phrase or action cannot occur without the wrath of our legal system crashing down upon us as it may offend a person or group, often not of our citizenry.

These people tell me that they are grateful for my service just before telling me I have to endure a background investigation before I can enter the same park as a child with whom I will have no private interaction. And if someone raises their voice against such types of action, they MUST have something to hide. Joe McCarthy is well and alive in today's USA.

I have to be sensitive of this person's or that group's culture, heritage or sexual orientation, but I'm not permitted to celebrate mine without being labeled a hate-monger or an enigma upon our society.

Yeah, I served and am almost embarassed by the result.

Sorry to rant, but you asked the question.

545 PEOPLE
By Charlie Reese
Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.

Have you ever wondered, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, WHY do we have deficits?

Have you ever wondered, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, WHY do we have inflation and high taxes?

You and I don't propose a federal budget. The president does.

You and I don't have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of Representatives does.

You and I don't write the tax code, Congress does.

You and I don't set fiscal policy, Congress does.

You and I don't control monetary policy, the Federal Reserve Bank does.

100 senators, 435 congressmen, one president, and nine Supreme Court justices 545 human beings out of the 300 million are directly, legally, morally, and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.

I excluded the members of the Federal Reserve Board because that problem was created by the Congress. In 1913, Congress delegated its Constitutional duty to provide a sound currency to a federally chartered, but private, central bank.

I excluded all the special interests and lobbyists for a sound reason. They have no legal authority. They have no ability to coerce a senator, a congressman, or a president to do one cotton-picking thing. I don't care if they offer a politician $1 million dollars in cash.
The politician has the power to accept or reject it. No matter what the lobbyist promises, it is the legislator's responsibility to
determine how he votes.

Those 545 human beings spend much of their energy convincing you that what they did is not their fault. They cooperate in this common con regardless of party.

What separates a politician from a normal human being is an excessive amount of gall. No normal human being would have the gall
of a Speaker, who stood up and criticized the President for creating deficits. The president can only propose a budget. He cannot force the Congress to accept it.

The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, gives sole responsibility to the House of Representatives for originating and approving appropriations and taxes. Who is the speaker of the House? Nancy Pelosi.
She is the leader of the majority party.
She and fellow House members, not the president, can approve any budget they want. If the president vetoes it, they can pass it over his veto if they agree to.

It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 300 million cannot replace 545 people who stand convicted -- by present facts -- of incompetence and irresponsibility. I can't think of a single
domestic problem that is not traceable directly to those 545 people.. When you fully grasp the plain truth that 545 people exercise the power of the federal government, then it must follow that what exists is what they want to exist.

If the tax code is unfair, it's because they want it unfair.

If the budget is in the red, it's because they want it in the red

If the Army & Marines are in ffice:smarttags" />lace w:st="on">IRAQlace> , it's because they want them in IRAQ

If they do not receive social security but are on an elite retirement plan not available to the people, it's because they want it that way.

There are no insoluble government problems.

Do not let these 545 people shift the blame to bureaucrats, whom they hire and whose jobs they can abolish; to lobbyists, whose gifts and advice they can reject; to regulators, to whom they give the power to regulate and from whom they can take this power. Above all, do not let them con you into the belief that there exists disembodied mystical forces like "the economy," "inflation," or "politics" that prevent them from doing what they take an oath to do.

Those 545 people, and they alone, are responsible.

They, and they alone, have the power.

They, and they alone, should be held accountable by the people who are their bosses.

Provided the voters have the gumption to manage their own employees.

We should vote all of them out of office and clean up their mess!

Holy ****!!! I 100 % endorse this message and agree with Mike!!!
Old Fri Apr 24, 2009, 08:09am
Official Forum Member

Retired Air Force. And yes, it really is an Armed Forces Branch.

Serg

P.S.
Mike, well said!
Old Fri Apr 24, 2009, 08:42am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergioJ View Post
Retired Air Force. And yes, it really is an Armed Forces Branch.

Serg

P.S.
Mike, well said!
Thank you.

Air Force, huh? That explains a lot of things.
Old Fri Apr 24, 2009, 09:11am
Official Forum Member

I fear that it has reached such a level of corruption and dereliction, that if we voted them all out X3.. there would still be 545 "company" men/women standing to take their place.

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.

Arnold Schwarzenegger is the perfect example. He had more money than he could ever want going into office - now he is just a bought and sold left wing turd like the rest of them. If he cant stay straight in that sea of thieves and jackals, who could?