The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Feb 12, 2009, 07:21pm
Official Forum Member

Exposed undergarments

NFHS test question says exposed undergarments are considered part of the official uniform and may be of any solid color. Here is the statement on the NF website
3-2-7Clarified that exposed undergarments must be a solid color.
Rule book says must be a solid school color. solid color and solid school color are not the same.
Old Fri Feb 13, 2009, 12:20am
Official Forum Member

I don't know about you guys, but that's probably not a rule I'd want to spend too much time on. I can see how this could easily end badly.

I haven't decided if I should call it from the dugout or the outfield. Apparently, both have really great views!

Screw green, it ain't easy being blue!

I won't be coming here that much anymore. I might check in now and again.
Old Fri Feb 13, 2009, 02:12am
Official Forum Member

I care about this issue long enough to fill in my circle for the test. I'm not going to be color testing their sliding shorts.
Old Fri Feb 13, 2009, 03:36am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbret View Post
NFHS test question says exposed undergarments are considered part of the official uniform and may be of any solid color. Here is the statement on the NF website
3-2-7Clarified that exposed undergarments must be a solid color.
Rule book says must be a solid school color. solid color and solid school color are not the same.
Is there a place on the lineup card to list school colors? No way to enforce it then, solid color on the other hand can be so I'd stick with solid colors.

Was a few years back doing an ASA womens A, AA state. One team showed up in basketball jerseys with sports bras underneath. ASA says exposed undergarments should be the same color as the shirt or pants. Tourny organizers gave teams until the 2nd day to co-ordinate. Had one player say to me no problem, not wearing one and proceeded to prove it. Sure made running a little tough at the start of the game.
Old Fri Feb 13, 2009, 07:51am
Official Forum Member

I was just wondering what the correct answer should be for the test.
Old Fri Feb 13, 2009, 08:35am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampaignBlue View Post
Is there a place on the lineup card to list school colors? No way to enforce it then, solid color on the other hand can be so I'd stick with solid colors.

Was a few years back doing an ASA womens A, AA state. One team showed up in basketball jerseys with sports bras underneath. ASA says exposed undergarments should be the same color as the shirt or pants. Tourny organizers gave teams until the 2nd day to co-ordinate. Had one player say to me no problem, not wearing one and proceeded to prove it. Sure made running a little tough at the start of the game.
There are times when rules must be strictly enforced.. we are talking about the integrity of the game for chrisakes.
Old Fri Feb 13, 2009, 08:36am
Official Forum Member

Quote:

Leaning a little far forward, huh? Did you also have troubles getting into the slot?

I haven't decided if I should call it from the dugout or the outfield. Apparently, both have really great views!

Old Fri Feb 13, 2009, 08:42am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I was just wondering what the correct answer should be for the test.
solid color
They went farther and showed us a slide (wooohee) and undergarments (exposed) can be of ANY color as long as its solid. including optic yellow. then you would refer to "is it distracting" on the pitcher.
Old Fri Feb 13, 2009, 09:26am
Official Forum Member

NFHS test question says exposed undergarments are considered part of the official uniform and may be of any solid color.

I put false on the test and made 100 so they must want school colors only for testing.
Old Fri Feb 13, 2009, 09:47am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
NFHS test question says exposed undergarments are considered part of the official uniform and may be of any solid color.

I put false on the test and made 100 so they must want school colors only for testing.
That isn't what I just heard at the state NFHS clinic. Pretty sure the slide had black, white, grey or school color (all solid). However, clinician was specific as to not getting into the shade of the color.

BTW, AFAIC, the school colors are anything similar to what is already included on the uniform
Old Fri Feb 13, 2009, 09:48am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Had one player say to me no problem, not wearing one and proceeded to prove it. Sure made running a little tough at the start of the game.
Well........did you check for exposed jewelry?
Old Fri Feb 13, 2009, 10:25am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA View Post
Well........did you check for exposed jewelry?
And you posted this on youtube, right?

Old Fri Feb 13, 2009, 10:30am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadeintothem View Post
There are times when rules must be strictly enforced.. we are talking about the integrity of the game for chrisakes.
I thought he was talking about making the women players go braless in basketball jerseys...
Old Fri Feb 13, 2009, 10:35am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
I thought he was talking about making the women players go braless in basketball jerseys...
That's not exactly a terrible idea...

Old Fri Feb 13, 2009, 11:03am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
And that's bad because?