The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Apr 18, 2002, 10:20pm
Official Forum Member

I called a private HS game tonight involving the #1 & #4 ranked teams. Checked the clouds off and on all day, was afraid the game might get postponed. Luck was with me today - no rain. A local TV station had sent a camera crew to cover the game.

Something must have been wrong today - I was seeing the ball better than normal. Everything seemed to click from the pregame on. In between innings I checked with my partner to see what he thought of my strike zone. Said it looked good - just keep it rollin'.

In the bottom of the 5th, my partner askes me if I am aware that the home pitcher had not yet allowed a baserunner. I wasn't aware of it - so now I'm getting a little nervous. We didn't jinx the pitcher with our comments. She made it - A PERFECT GAME!! And I have a TV game tape to prove I was behind the plate.

PS - Game scheduled for Saturday. I get the plate. In the pitcher's last four games: one perfect game, two hitter, one hitter, hasn't given up a run in 45 2/3 innings, struck out 13, 11, 12, 10. THE FORECAST IS FOR THUNDERSTORMS!!
Old Thu Apr 18, 2002, 11:17pm
Official Forum Member

Cool Way to go Gary

I will make sure I tell everybody we got a Hollywood Ump on our hands.(Just kidding) congrats and hopefully the rain will stay away and you will get 2 perfect in 1 week.

some people get all the luck

Dont know of your planning to call in Garland this weekend but if you are just to let you know I was told tonight by Chris that Harley would be calling tomorrow night with the schedule. Nothing like last minute notice. HUH

Have a good one

Don
Old Thu Apr 18, 2002, 11:38pm
Official Forum Member

Congrats Gary.........

I have called several N0-No's behind the plate.........but to the best of my recollection, never a perfect game.........

Joel
Old Fri Apr 19, 2002, 07:11am
Official Forum Member

Talking

I almost had a perfect game 5 years ago. Middle school baseball. Bottom of 7th. Two outs, 1-2 count on the batter. Crowd (both sides) on feet cheering for the pitcher. He plunks the batter right between the shoulder blades on the next pitch. Batter #22 grounds out on the first pitch.

Roger Greene