The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat May 31, 2008, 04:46pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to shipwreck
Question help with umpire gear order

I ordered a Pro Nine chest protector from an online distributor of gear. The order was placed on May 17th and money was taken out of my credit card account. When I go online to check my order status all it says is processing order. I e-mailed the company twice asking about my order but no response. When I clicked on "Contact us" all I get is an e-mail address, but no phone number to talk to a person live. I thought maybe it could have been back ordered since it is taking so long, but I am not sure since they don't respond back. Does anyone know of a way to possibly find a phone number? Thanks, Dave
Old Sat May 31, 2008, 05:29pm
Administrator

First, send an email to the merchant and tell that you are canceling your order immediately. Tell him why you are canceling your order. Make sure you BCC yourself a copy of this email.

Second, the instant after you hit the send button in (1) above, contact your credit card company and tell that you have canceled the order, why you have canceled the order, and ask what you have to do to contest the charge.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Old Sat May 31, 2008, 10:28pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipwreck
I ordered a Pro Nine chest protector from an online distributor of gear. The order was placed on May 17th and money was taken out of my credit card account. When I go online to check my order status all it says is processing order. I e-mailed the company twice asking about my order but no response. When I clicked on "Contact us" all I get is an e-mail address, but no phone number to talk to a person live. I thought maybe it could have been back ordered since it is taking so long, but I am not sure since they don't respond back. Does anyone know of a way to possibly find a phone number? Thanks, Dave
I guess the old phrase "buyer beware" applies here. Unfortunately, some online vendors just aren't so great to deal with. Strangely, you might want to try Amazon for the Pro Nine. Their price is $33.99, plus $9.50 in s/h.

I found it here.

At least with Amazon, you have some immediate recourse if the vendor fails to live up to expectations.

If you want more contact information, look up their information on whois. Look for their administrative contact info.

I haven't decided if I should call it from the dugout or the outfield. Apparently, both have really great views!

Screw green, it ain't easy being blue!

I won't be coming here that much anymore. I might check in now and again.
Old Sat May 31, 2008, 11:12pm
Official Forum Member

What's the name of the distributer and where are they located?
Old Sat May 31, 2008, 11:23pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCASAUmp
I guess the old phrase "buyer beware" applies here. Unfortunately, some online vendors just aren't so great to deal with. Strangely, you might want to try Amazon for the Pro Nine. Their price is $33.99, plus $9.50 in s/h.

I found it here.

At least with Amazon, you have some immediate recourse if the vendor fails to live up to expectations.

If you want more contact information, look up their information on whois. Look for their administrative contact info.
I was about to get mad when I read the price of this. I spent more for mine, but this is the version that I have.

It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to paint it.
Old Sun Jun 01, 2008, 09:07pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCASAUmp

I found it here.

Thats for a catcher, not an umpire.
Old Sun Jun 01, 2008, 09:22pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadeintothem
Thats for a catcher, not an umpire.
I'm a SP guy. I've got no idea.

However, if you want to find the jerks who won't send the gear, just let me know. I'm fairly talented in the ways of the internet.

I haven't decided if I should call it from the dugout or the outfield. Apparently, both have really great views!

Screw green, it ain't easy being blue!

I won't be coming here that much anymore. I might check in now and again.
Old Wed Jun 04, 2008, 11:13am
Official Forum Member

I heard back from the company I ordered my Pro Nine chest protector from. They said that Pro Nine said they would be out of stock on my size large until July and then could send it out. Just in case someone else ordered one, that might be why it is late in coming. Dave
Old Wed Jun 04, 2008, 12:37pm
Official Forum Member

Thanks for the update. You will like this chest protector, when you finally get it.

Old Wed Jun 04, 2008, 12:58pm
Official Forum Member

Scott, just a question for you. I am 6', 210 lbs. I ordered a large. According to their sizing guide that should be the right size. Does that sound right to you? Dave
Old Wed Jun 04, 2008, 02:53pm
Official Forum Member

If you are good with waiting until July, thats fine, but I can tell you from experience that they arent always telling the truth about the item being out of stock.

I had a car part on order and had been waiting for 2 months for it. I finally called the place I ordered it from and they told me it was out of stock and would be another month. I then called the manufacturer directly and asked if they had any of the parts in stock. Man told me he had 3 of them on the shelf. I told him to get one in his hands, take it back to his desk and got his name and phone number. Then placed a phone call back to the sales place and suggested that they contact the man I just spoke with and that he had my part in his hands and to please have it sent overnight to me for my trouble. Part came the next day.
Old Wed Jun 04, 2008, 07:32pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipwreck
Scott, just a question for you. I am 6', 210 lbs. I ordered a large. According to their sizing guide that should be the right size. Does that sound right to you? Dave
Yes. That's what I have and I have an inch and 10 pounds on you, and it works great for me.