The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Softball (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/)
-   -   Force Play (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/37902-force-play.html)

rottiron01 Wed Aug 29, 2007 05:04pm

Force Play

R1 On 2b, R2 On 1b, 0 Outs, B1 Hits A Ball To F4 Who Tags R1 While Still Standing On 2b, He Then Touches 2b Before R2 Reaches The Bag. He Then Throws To 1b Before B1 Reaches 1b. What Is The Call?

Thanks For Any Help!

In My Opinion 3 Outs.

Dakota Wed Aug 29, 2007 06:48pm

If it happened in that order, you're correct. Triple play.

NCASAUmp Wed Aug 29, 2007 08:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by rottiron01
...What Is The Call?

His team buys him his first round of frothy beverages after the game. :cool:

IamMatt Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCASAUmp
His team buys him his first round of frothy beverages after the game. :cool:

That'd be root beer for those 14U's. ;)

bkbjones Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:58am

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamMatt
That'd be root beer for those 14U's. ;)

Heck, I drink more root beer now than I did when I was 14. We already had a stash of frosty adult beverages stashed away for those post-game conferences. anyone remember the first Coors cans that had the button you pushed to open the top? Those frosty cold ones were cool. And, of course, thanks to Adolph and sons, I had a fabulous collection of ring tabs/pop tops long b4 I graduated HS.

IRISHMAFIA Thu Aug 30, 2007 08:18am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkbjones
And, of course, thanks to Adolph and sons,

For a second there, I thought you were referring to beer. Oh, wait a minute, you meant ADOLPHUS as in Busch! Nevermind.

IamMatt Thu Aug 30, 2007 09:34am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkbjones
anyone remember the first Coors cans that had the button you pushed to open the top?

I remember when the only way to open a beer can was with a can opener ("church key").

Skahtboi Thu Aug 30, 2007 09:53am

Quote:

Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA
For a second there, I thought you were referring to beer. Oh, wait a minute, you meant ADOLPHUS as in Busch! Nevermind.

For a second there, I thought you both were referring to beer.

However, you know what swill like Coors and AB and Miller remind me of? It reminds me of making love in a boat. Why, you may ask. Because it is f*****g near water! :D

IRISHMAFIA Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:49am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skahtboi
For a second there, I thought you both were referring to beer.

However, you know what swill like Coors and AB and Miller remind me of? It reminds me of making love in a boat. Why, you may ask. Because it is f*****g near water! :D

Please don't tell me about Lone Sludge

NCASAUmp Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:55am

I vote that Milwaukee's Best be banned from using said name. As a native of Milwaukee, which is Algonquin for "the good land," I can personally vouch that Milwaukee's Best is actually Milwaukee's worst.

Sprecher, on the other hand, IS the best beer made in Milwaukee, and I'm a proud partaker of this delicious, frothy beverage.

And for those who are not of age, they may try Sprecher's fine root beer, which is equally delicious.

These statements are not endorsed by North Carolina, ASA, or Officiating.com.

I just dig beer.

Skahtboi Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:00am

Quote:

Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA
Please don't tell me about Lone Sludge

No. I drink beer. Real beer.

Some offerings from up your way would include beers by Dogfish Head (their Indian Brown Ale and 60 Minute IPA are exceptional), Victory Brewing is nearby, makers of two of my favorite beers on the planet, the Hop Devil and the Prima Pils. There is Brooklyn Brewery as well.

Some good beer that has a national distribution network that you should be able to buy in your neck of the woods include Sam Adams, Avery, Stone, Sierra Nevada, Pyramid, and many others. If you can't find any of them, you can always turn to the import section for Young's. Fuller's, Samuel Smith's, Czechvar...etc.

Like I said, I drink beer, not watered down yellow fizzy stuff.

Andy Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:03am

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCASAUmp
...I just dig beer...

I prefer to drink mine!! (bah dum bum) :D

Dakota Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:05am

Well, since we have managed to keep this thread OT... ;)

If anyone makes it to the Twin Cities area, make sure you find a pub that sells Summit Pale Ale. Great stuff.

NCASAUmp Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:44am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy
I prefer to drink mine!! (bah dum bum) :D

Sometimes, I prefer to chew mine (Guinness). :D

MNBlue Thu Aug 30, 2007 01:00pm

My favorite is "Ice, Cold, Free". You can't go wrong with one of those.