The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Aug 24, 2001, 11:26pm
Official Forum Member

Cool

Calling slow pitch co-ed C and D teams tonight and boy did I learn alot tonight

1. Extra inning game R1 on 2nd R2 on 1st male batter up with a 3 and 2 count stands and looks at a pitch over the plate and under the back arm pit I call "Strike" for the 2nd out home team up at bat losing by 3. I am told that is BS to call that high strike and not to let the batter walk in that situation.

2. Next batter hits grounder to F6 who is plowed over by R1 on his way to 3rd I call "Dead Ball Runner out" for the 3rd out now I am told runners always have the right of way and obstruction overrules interference. Oh well I guess another blown call and another game I caused a team to lose it certainly didnt have anything with those 20 errors or so they had or previous inning Big boy batter fouls out for strike 3 and the 3rd out with runners on and the game was tied with no time left on the clock

3. Different game runner gets caught in a rundown between 2nd and 3rd runner half-way between the bases decides to dive for the 2nd baseman but 30' from 2nd base on the play than wants an obstruction call after he gets tagged out laying on the ground.

Okay guys read on other forums where some others do not like doing the higher leagues in slow-pitch adult league but gave this blue a good A league or Majors any night over these anything goes leagues any night

JMHO

Don