The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Jul 18, 2001, 06:31pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up

We, myself included in these forums seem to beat-up on the players in Adult softball leagues pretty good telling all those horror stories. So I decided tonight I should tell the other side which is how most games go and most players conduct themselves unfortunely it that 1 or 2 % we usally talk about and remember

Tonight had 3 games of Men's C league that went as smooth as a baby's butt. 1st game I am BU no bangers lots of pops 7 innings home team wins. 2nd game I am PU again no real close banger got 1 pitcher that want to throw that 4' slinger so I had quite a few "illegal" calls but no arguments from pitcher or batters 5 inning run rule game. Then the 3rd game back at BU must had at least 5 or 6 very close bangers at 1st and 2nd also a pulled foot from F3 and one where F3 foot came off but right after the catch. To my amazement with this many close plays there was never one peep from any player except for "good call blue" I applaud and appreciate these guys for the conduct and behavior. 7 inning game home lead for 6 and lost it in the 7th 11-10.

Just thought that a good story does need to be told, I know this is why we all enjoy what we are doing and keep coming back for more(5 nights this week)

Don
Old Thu Jul 19, 2001, 07:04am
Official Forum Member

Don,

I just want to know one thing.

What did you put in their water and how much did you use?
Old Thu Jul 19, 2001, 11:25pm
Official Forum Member

Wink

Mike, I not sure if it was something they were drinking or that side holster I was wearing (just kidding) anyways it does show sometimes they do know how to conduct themselves. Again tonight I was doing Men's A and lots of close banger did have a few bleeps from the players but nothing much pretty smooth night again

SALE them calls

Don