The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Jul 17, 2001, 04:52pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs down

Here's one I've heard lately from another umpire in our group that was actually a dad at this game. After the final game in a local qualifier for 16U coachA wife went up and started arguing with coachB(male), coachB ended up calling coachA wife the B-word and was slapped then coachB hit the woman, grabbed her and put her in a headlock. CoachA coming over to try to save his wife pushes down a girl from coachB's team causing her to break her lip. What a miss huh? Anyway the local board suspended both coaches for 5 years this being under ASA.

Question that came up does ASA in the other groups out there supply a list to each other of these suspension or will these coaches be able to just pick up there team and play under another organzation. I also understand one of the coaches thinks he still will be able to coach his team in the Nationals I guess since it was a local group that suspended him

Maybe I should just stick to the dumb Adult leagues

Don
Old Tue Jul 17, 2001, 08:21pm
Official Forum Member

Don,

I hope the *gentlemen* do not jump
over to the AFA Nationals coming up.
We are scheduled 122 teams at this
point and really dont need someone
like you have described. Things will
be hot enough with out them.
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover."
--Mark Twain.
Old Tue Jul 17, 2001, 08:29pm
Official Forum Member

Don.........I have seen some pretty good foolishness in "A" and Travelball (none THIS bad however).........most have involved teams the oldest has played on........EVERY parent seems to think their daughter is the next "Dr. Dot"..........(Little do they know that ONLY my daughter is the next Dr. Dot.............)

Tempers can run pretty high when parents can have $1,000's tied up in their kid.........

For the most part though........we have had VERY good experiences........

As in "AA" (Alleged Adult) ball.........there are good and bad tied up into any division/age/sex............

In our area.........the local associations take a fairly hard line on the kind of shenanigans you describe........

Our DC would probably NOT allow a coach who was sanctioned by a local league to take a team to any ASA event..........(we have a pretty strong/strict DC and DYC........I know some areas of Tx are not as strict).

I don't paint a broad brush on the SP game based on Ed's humerous adventures........don't think that all FP is the way your friends experiences describe.........

Joel