The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Jul 03, 2001, 11:11pm
Official Forum Member

Question

Calling coed rec league tonight B1 lefty female hits on top of a pitch bounces off of home and goes about 3ft down 3rd base line stopping on the line. I am PU point fair ball catcher or nobody else is paying attention, batter stays in box catcher throws the ball to the pitcher. Pitcher finally catches on and ask "Blue fair or foul" I said "I dont verbalize unless it is a foul ball" pitcher wise enough throws to F3 for the out.

My question what if the pitcher also never catches on and would of gone to the rubber and made the next pitch??

Thanks

Don
Old Wed Jul 04, 2001, 12:40am
Official Forum Member

Don.......

I once verbalized "FAIR BALL".......it was ugly....

Now.....I move up the line a bit and emphatically point fair.......several times if necessary......

The pitcher ain't pitchin' if I am still 8 feet up one or the other foul lines pointing fair like a madman.......

Joel

Side note: Youngest snapped her left arm just about in half this afternoon......7-1/2 hours at the hospital...........great orthopedic surgeon reset both the radius and ulna and expects a complete recovery. She let us come home tonight......MUCH to Katie's liking......resting quite peacefully now.

She did NOT want to spend the night at the hospital......Not the way we had planned to spend July 4th Eve........

She made it through the whole ordeal without much pain..........the radius almost punched through her arm.....but thankfully did not........she was under while they reset and splinted it.........(full cast after the swelling goes down)........

I know she is going to be hurting tommorow......keep her in your thoughts gang.

Thanks

[Edited by Gulf Coast Blue on Jul 4th, 2001 at 03:29 AM]
Old Wed Jul 04, 2001, 02:42am
Official Forum Member

I agree. Move up the line, keep pointing fair, and wait for someone to wake up. No pitch is gonna happen until I'm behind the plate.

My best wishes to your daughter for a speedy recovery. Bummer, getting hurt during summer vacation.

Bob
Old Wed Jul 04, 2001, 08:57am
Official Forum Member

Ouch! Hopefully, you have a local pharmacy which is open on the 4th.
Old Wed Jul 04, 2001, 10:29am
Official Forum Member

Cool

Good point(pun aside) guys but this is coed rec and the games are just 55min it might take all game and one sore arm before anybody would catch on(LOL)

Joel sorry to hear about your daughter our wishes for a full recovery.

Lets liven up this board guys

Don