The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Mar 28, 2006, 02:50pm
Official Forum Member

OBS again, I know, but I searched

My apologies for another OBS thread, but I did search and could not find anything on either scenario.

Two different scenarios happened at an ASA 12u FP tournment in the same game just wonder what should be the call.

1st scenario.

Batter hits ball to F6 who throws to F3, throw is way off line, maybe 10 feet, F3 leaves the bag into the base path to catch the ball. B1 literally has to stop to avoid what could have been a nasty collision and is tagged. The FU calls her out. Small OBS argument ensues to no avail, batter out.

Is this right?

2 scenario.

Right handed Batter bunts the ball up the first base line, right on the line. The catcher calls off the the charging F3 and F3 stops and veers slightly into the path of the batter-runner causing her to side step enough to where she is beaten by the throw out by one step.

Again no OBS is called. Is this right?
Old Tue Mar 28, 2006, 02:59pm
Official Forum Member

Question obs

The way I read poe#36 in asa rules- both are obs. Check it.
Old Tue Mar 28, 2006, 03:00pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkPSkins
My apologies for another OBS thread, but I did search and could not find anything on either scenario.

Two different scenarios happened at an ASA 12u FP tournment in the same game just wonder what should be the call.

1st scenario.

Batter hits ball to F6 who throws to F3, throw is way off line, maybe 10 feet, F3 leaves the bag into the base path to catch the ball. B1 literally has to stop to avoid what could have been a nasty collision and is tagged. The FU calls her out. Small OBS argument ensues to no avail, batter out.

Is this right?

2 scenario.

Right handed Batter bunts the ball up the first base line, right on the line. The catcher calls off the the charging F3 and F3 stops and veers slightly into the path of the batter-runner causing her to side step enough to where she is beaten by the throw out by one step.

Again no OBS is called. Is this right?

From the information that you provide, I would probably have OBS in both cases.

It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to paint it.
Old Tue Mar 28, 2006, 07:22pm
Official Forum Member

also clarify please

as to the rulings if these situations had happened in NFHS somebody. I am very green, nervous and can use all the information possible.
Old Tue Mar 28, 2006, 08:30pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtref
as to the rulings if these situations had happened in NFHS somebody. I am very green, nervous and can use all the information possible.
OBS again.

There are only subtle difference between ASA and NFHS, There is a post with a link to a differences document. Relax and have fun. Good to see you are on the fourm trying to better yourself.