The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Mar 03, 2006, 11:44am
Official Forum Member

Question

Hi, I am a manger of an 8U softball team in Tx.This is my 3rd year coaching and have had problems with one of my assistants. I really need help!

I could fill up this whole screen with this story but her is the run down. My assistant has taken everthing so personal instead of being there for all the kids she is only worried about her own. The bottom line is here after she cused me out on the phone I told her that with that attitude I didn't thnk I wanted her to help me out at all. She has called 2 board members and the president because she felt that I was wrong. Well I was informed that I could not just remove her that I had to give her an active roll on the team. Well after practice I told her the best thing was to have her to work with the out fielders on what the needed to do and stay in the dougout. She went off on me, and cused me out in front of my daughter. I never one time raised my voice or cused her. She told me she quit and that she was pulling her child. All I said was OKAY! I am not going to beg anybody to play for me that don't want to. I told my VP what happend and he said that he was going tell her that she could let her daughter play or move to a new team, but that she was not going to be a coach anylonger.

Well after I week I got a call last light from my VP telling me we need to have a meeting about this with her 2 board members. As a Head Manger what can I do? or what do I have to do to have her removed?

This is the only thing it says in our bylaws:

The manger will assume full responsibility for the actions of his/hers coaching staff.

Please help me so that I know what I can or can't do before I go tonight.

Sorry so long but this is out of hand. Oh 1 more thing I have NEVER had any kinds of problems on any of my teams.
Old Fri Mar 03, 2006, 12:15pm
Official Forum Member

This board is mostly umpires.

You might better pose your situation and ask your questions on this board.