The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Mar 03, 2006, 07:39am
VaASAump

There is a new ASA banned bat list. Go to http://www.asasoftball.com for the newest list.

Incidentally, one of those "new" additions happens to look identical to the one being advertised in the NFHS Rules Book (Rawlings PLASMA bat). And yes, NFHS uses the same ASA banned bat list.

Serg
Old Fri Mar 03, 2006, 09:57am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by VaASAump
There is a new ASA banned bat list. Go to http://www.asasoftball.com for the newest list.

Incidentally, one of those "new" additions happens to look identical to the one being advertised in the NFHS Rules Book (Rawlings PLASMA bat). And yes, NFHS uses the same ASA banned bat list.

Serg
Thanks, Serg. Gonna see you next week in Dulles?
Old Fri Mar 03, 2006, 12:46pm
Official Forum Member

happens to look identical to the one being advertised in the NFHS Rules Book

Yes, I saw your "smiley," but it is a good to to note that we have to look at model numbers and not just look at pictures. The Rawlings slowpitch bats start with a SB in the model number, and two of those are on the banned list. The FP models start with a FP and they are not on the list.

Can't tell from the picture, but you would assume that the bats in the NFHS ad are FP bats.

WMB
Old Sat Mar 04, 2006, 10:36am
VaASAump

Quote:
Originally posted by IRISHMAFIA
Quote:

Serg
Thanks, Serg. Gonna see you next week in Dulles?
Won't be able to attend the clinic, but I will be staying at the same hotel. Have a college tournament that same weekend up in that area. So, I'll be seeing you there. Let me know where the "hospitality" suite will be, okay?

Serg
Old Sat Mar 04, 2006, 10:43am
Official Forum Member

Location: The Land Of The Free and The Home Of The Brave (MD/DE)
Quote:

... snip ... And yes, NFHS uses the same ASA banned bat list.

Serg
Also NCAA, PONY, NSA, etc.
Old Sat Mar 04, 2006, 10:45am
Official Forum Member

Quote:

Won't be able to attend the clinic, but I will be staying at the same hotel. Have a college tournament that same weekend up in that area. So, I'll be seeing you there. Let me know where the "hospitality" suite will be, okay?

Serg
You should know by now that to find the hospitality room, you just need to find any umpire from DE

I'll see you there.

Old Sat Mar 04, 2006, 11:40am
VaASAump

Quote:
Originally posted by CecilOne
Quote:

... snip ... And yes, NFHS uses the same ASA banned bat list.

Serg
Also NCAA, PONY, NSA, etc.
Good point!

Serg
Old Sun Mar 05, 2006, 11:36pm
Official Forum Member

ASA Banned Bat List

The banned bat list is updated every Monday. Of course any of us heading to NCAA games, the home team is supposed to gave three current copies available and give one to the UIC, one to the visiting team coach (like that's going to happen).

My assignor wants us to print current copies ourselves and have them with us when we arrive for the game.
__________________________________________________ __________

Sergio,

Will you be at the college tournament in Haggerstown MD next weekend?
Old Mon Mar 06, 2006, 12:55am
Official Forum Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by WestMichBlue
happens to look identical to the one being advertised in the NFHS Rules Book

Yes, I saw your "smiley," but it is a good to to note that we have to look at model numbers and not just look at pictures. The Rawlings slowpitch bats start with a SB in the model number, and two of those are on the banned list. The FP models start with a FP and they are not on the list.

Can't tell from the picture, but you would assume that the bats in the NFHS ad are FP bats.

WMB
I was the UIC for our first tournament this weekend in Seattle, and we had 2 teams with the FP version of this Plasma bat. Luckily I printed the list on the color laser at work, and took to the fields. No issues with this one.

However, we DID have a team with the Louisville Slugger FPC305 Catalyst -8. The thing with this particular one is that it HAS the ASA 2004 stamp on it. You have to KNOW the non-approved bat list (or have it printed with you when you do your equipment check), otherwise it looks like a legal bat, and is easily overlooked.
Old Mon Mar 06, 2006, 06:22am
VaASAump

Re: ASA Banned Bat List

Quote:
Originally posted by MichaelVA2000
The banned bat list is updated every Monday. Of course any of us heading to NCAA games, the home team is supposed to gave three current copies available and give one to the UIC, one to the visiting team coach (like that's going to happen).

My assignor wants us to print current copies ourselves and have them with us when we arrive for the game.

Sergio,

Yes I will! Will be staying at the same hotel as the Regional Umpire Clinic folks. See ya' there!!

Serg
Old Mon Mar 06, 2006, 02:18pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to argodad
Re: Re: ASA Banned Bat List

Quote:
Quote:
Sergio,

Yes I will! Will be staying at the same hotel as the Regional Umpire Clinic folks. See ya' there!!

Serg [/B]
Who's playing in Hagerstown? My parents and a couple of brothers still live there. They may want to check it out.
Old Mon Mar 06, 2006, 03:18pm
Official Forum Member

Larry,

I'm not sure which college teams are playing. I was told by my UIC and assignor to keep that weekend open. As of now, I don't even know what times my games are.
Old Mon Mar 06, 2006, 04:11pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Re: ASA Banned Bat List

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by MichaelVA2000

Sergio,

Serg
You're staying in Dulles for a tournament in Hagerstown? Damn, Serg, that's an hour away and only if the roads are clear.