The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Mon Dec 05, 2005, 08:39pm
Official Forum Member

Question

I am searching for some clarification on a pitching rule. I have read through the numerous posts you have here on pitching but was unable to relate anything to my situation.I have a pitcher who has alot of talent and has great velocity.(Girl ASA) The situation is this:The pitcher starts her pitch in the normal fashion by pushing off the mound,her stride foot lands,and then she drags and "lifts" her pivot foot.The pivot foot and the stride foot are not off the ground at the same,or at least it is not apparent in realtime.The pivot foot does come off the ground,but does not replant. The fact her pivot foot "catches air" noticeably is troublesome because I have heard of so many horror stories where this has been called in the last inning of a championship game with a runner on third.Could someone clarify the "contact with the ground" rule please.I know that the intent of the rule was for the male pitchers that leap,but I do not think they had an aggressive 12U pitcher in mind on this one.
Thanks,