The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Jun 23, 2005, 02:24pm
softball_junky

I am guessing the most of you guys have already had your high school softball season. In Ga. out HS softball is played Aug-Oct. I was on the FED web page and noticed that a coach is now allowed to appeal a missed base or a base left too soon rather than just an "infielder" being able to appeal. Did you use this new rule this spring in FED softball?
Old Thu Jun 23, 2005, 02:29pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by softball_junky
Did you use this new rule this spring in FED softball?
Yes, it was in the rules, but I can't recall it coming up in any of my games. It is not really that big of a deal. You just no longer have to wait for a player to say something when the coach is screaming!
Old Thu Jun 23, 2005, 02:45pm
Official Forum Member

Cool hey

u know what? softball kicks ***! baseball is awesome too and basketball! hey tom where u from?
Old Thu Jun 23, 2005, 09:06pm
softball_junky

Thanks Tom, someone said last year they though the change was coming. I agree it should not be a big deal but when they took the auto call away on a missed base and put the appeal in it drove some of the coaches crazy telling their players to step on the rubber step off now ask him. Hey man we are not playing baseball, just ask somebody.
Old Fri Jun 24, 2005, 06:34pm
Statistician/Ref Hybrid

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by softball_junky
Thanks Tom, someone said last year they though the change was coming. I agree it should not be a big deal but when they took the auto call away on a missed base and put the appeal in it drove some of the coaches crazy telling their players to step on the rubber step off now ask him. Hey man we are not playing baseball, just ask somebody.
In 23 games, our team didn't make any appeals this year under the new rule. (And usually we have at least one a year).

I agree with softball junky - this is a lot easier than before when our coach would tell the pitcher to ask for time, step and the rubber, step off the rubber, and throw to the base being appealed.

The center of attention as the lead & trail. – me
Games officiated: 525 Basketball · 76 Softball · 16 Baseball