The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Softball (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/)
-   -   Michigan Wins.... (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/20776-michigan-wins.html)

kellerumps Wed Jun 08, 2005 09:51pm

Michigan Wins
Michigan Wins
Michigan Wins

Oh Yeah..............

TexBlue Wed Jun 08, 2005 09:57pm

That was a heckuva game!

Congrats to the girls. And to think, there's 2 freshman and a lot of underclassmen starting on that team!

U of M Sam Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:16pm

GO BLUE! (Notice my user name)
Great game. I like the 3 game format instead of only 1 game
Nice job Michigan!

Rachel Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:19pm

That was awesome. Great job Michigan. Those of us from the mid-west were cheering for you.

U of M Sam Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:25pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Rachel
That was awesome. Great job Michigan. Those of us from the mid-west were cheering for you.
Great to see Michigan do so well this year in softball. Sweet for Merchant, from Wayland, MI (25 miles to the south of where I live) to win a championship in her senior year. West Michigan area has some very fine softball players and teams.
"HAIL TO THE VICTORS"

JEL Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:44pm

Gotta love any team who has fans holding up signs saying....

GO BLUE!!

U_of_I_Blue Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:51pm

Notice my username. Normally us in the orange and blue down in champaign and the maize and blue in ann arbor don't get along. However, I was pulling for them all the way this time. Ought to bring some much deserved respect to our conference in softball. Hopefully, we'll join you guys next year for the tourney and not finish close to the cellar like we did this year. Once again, congrats to Michigan on an absolutely outstanding season. Just goes to show what hard work and dedication gets you.

-Josh

bigwes68 Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:45pm

Just thought I'd throw it out there...

Tennessee has no seniors on this year's squad. Everyone is back from their national 3rd-place team. And Monica Abbott is just a sophomore.

Look out.

emaxos Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:52pm

Big Congratulations to Michigan not only for winning the National Championship but for knocking a west coast team off the mountain top.
The sport needs more top level representation from other regional areas.
Lots of credit to pacific area schools for growing the sport all these years but hopefully the idea that they own the sport out west will now change.

SRW Thu Jun 09, 2005 01:34am

Dangit Dangit Dangit!!! ;:(

I TiVo'd the game, and due to the extra innings, TiVo cut it off in the middle of the 8th! I didn't get to see the end! Good game up to that point!

Dangit dangit dangit!

I wuz rootin' for Eww-kluh, but hopin' Mee-sha-gun would win.

(Yes, I'm weird.)

msrock1954 Thu Jun 09, 2005 05:58am

Congratulations to the lady's wearing the Maize and Blue!!!UCLA gave them a real battle, but Meeeeeechigan came thru!! Some GREAT defensive plays by UCLA!!! A great series!!

IRISHMAFIA Thu Jun 09, 2005 06:56am

Quote:

Another pet peeve of mine with those idiots they allow to speak over a perfectly good softball game.

Why is it that these folks always note, as Holly Rowe did last night, that Michigan represented the "East coast"?

Well, I'm from the East coast and Michigan is no where near here. This has been going on for as many years as the games have been on TV. East of the Mississippi is no big deal, but that does not qualify anything to be labeled as from the East coast.

They don't know the rules, some don't really know any part of the game than what they play and they obviously don't know what a map of the U.S. looks like.

When is ESPN going to wake up? After all, they ARE on the East coast.

Rant off!

BretMan Thu Jun 09, 2005 07:57am

As a scarlet and grey bleeding Buckeye, in the heart of Ohio, I tip my cap to the Wolverines.

Hearing myself say that makes me think that <i>something</i> just froze over...

Congratulations to "that team up north"!

whiskers_ump Thu Jun 09, 2005 08:01am

Quote:

Originally posted by IRISHMAFIA
Quote:

Another pet peeve of mine with those idiots they allow to speak over a perfectly good softball game.

Why is it that these folks always note, as Holly Rowe did last night, that Michigan represented the "East coast"?

Well, I'm from the East coast and Michigan is no where near here. This has been going on for as many years as the games have been on TV. East of the Mississippi is no big deal, but that does not qualify anything to be labeled as from the East coast.

They don't know the rules, some don't really know any part of the game than what they play and they obviously don't know what a map of the U.S. looks like.

When is ESPN going to wake up? After all, they ARE on the East coast.

Rant off!

Well, that answers my question on Holly Rowe. :D:D

I knew she probably was no kin, but the thought of asking had entered my mind.

Bandit Thu Jun 09, 2005 08:11am

Rant....

Just never happy are you Irish. A post with all good and you have to mention the bad. Do you look at the glass as being half empty and never as possible half full? As many times as they described Michingan from being from the "East" I believe they many times clearified it as a team "East" of the Mississippi River. Nice job Michigan !