The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Jun 01, 2005, 08:28am
Official Forum Member

David,

Since BHBlue mentioned no names, maybe just maybe, he was not referring to you. Others,
including myself have replied to this post.

BHBlue, have not seen much of you this year, where you been hiding?
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover."
--Mark Twain.
Old Wed Jun 01, 2005, 01:37pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BHBlue
Nice job, KELLERUMPS and DNTXUM P
Glen,
While I'm open to the possibility that BHBlue was refering to someone else, it seems clear to me that this was a shot at me. After all, his references to Kellerumps and DNTXUM P
were direct responses to my other posts.
Old Wed Jun 01, 2005, 04:50pm

Quote:
Originally posted by NSABlue
Quote:
Originally posted by BHBlue
Nice job, KELLERUMPS and DNTXUM P
Glen,
While I'm open to the possibility that BHBlue was refering to someone else, it seems clear to me that this was a shot at me. After all, his references to Kellerumps and DNTXUM P
were direct responses to my other posts.
It was not meant be a shot at anyone. However, when someone makes blanket statements about officials at the collegate, or any other level, they can expect to be, and should be, called out for it. You are certainly entitled to one, but if it is your opinion that no college umpires have the "courage" to call IPs, it is an uninformed one.

Glen,

I'm back to the weekend tournament grind. There must be at least 10 every weekend in Houston. We have the 18 Gold Sector here next weekend. I hope to see you in Beaumont at the end of July if not before.

Old Sun Jun 05, 2005, 11:00pm
Official Forum Member

I can not speak for the other girls and do not know if cat still has the pitching coach she had while in HS but it was a male and he was a hella of a pitcher in his days as he made the olympic squad. They do learn from some of the best. I can not remember his name but i believe his last name was smith. He was from Washington I seem to recall someone saying.

And I called a game he pitched when he was 55 in a Latin tournament held every year in Houston, Tx. 3-5 teams from Mexico come as well as the best mens teams in TX. He had all the pitches but the prettiest one was a screw ball coming to hit the outside corner. Never seen that pitch and he had not shown it all game and it came out of the blue. Almost missed but stayed with it.

Do a men's game at that level and then do a 18U gold game and the women seem to be pitching in slow motion. I remember a guy who is known as the Argentinen threw a real hard drop. You could hear the woo, woo on every pitch. That is neat.