The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon May 16, 2005, 12:40pm
Official Forum Member

Unhappy

Being a new umpire, I go through the catalog and notice a Navy Blue ASA logo umpire shirt. Does anyone know why ASA offers this color shirt when it's not part of the "Official Umpire" uniform? I understand that the Powder Blue is the official ASA shirt. Why offer navy?

Just curious....

ASA Cadet
Old Mon May 16, 2005, 12:53pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dacodee
Being a new umpire, I go through the catalog and notice a Navy Blue ASA logo umpire shirt. Does anyone know why ASA offers this color shirt when it's not part of the "Official Umpire" uniform? I understand that the Powder Blue is the official ASA shirt. Why offer navy?

Just curious....

ASA Cadet
Cadet,

Get out your fresh ASA rule book and turn to page 122. Reread 10.1.C.1.

While the powder blue is the more accepted uniform, local associations may wear what they choose and ASA is offering them an option.

At the national level, both uniforms may be worn, but that is the UIC's call. At that level, the navy is worn over the gray and usually just for night games.
Old Mon May 16, 2005, 01:03pm
Official Forum Member

Thanks Mike!

I really appreciate it...

ASA Cadet
Old Tue May 17, 2005, 06:32am
Official Forum Member

99.9% of our groups games are single umpire. Individual taste Navy/Powder blue no issue. Once tournaments/Play-offs start then your in a 2 man situation & you should match each other. I take both to the game. I don't however take Navy pants & grey pants. Grey pants is a safe purchase.
Old Tue May 17, 2005, 01:41pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by chuck chopper
99.9% of our groups games are single umpire. Individual taste Navy/Powder blue no issue. Once tournaments/Play-offs start then your in a 2 man situation & you should match each other. I take both to the game. I don't however take Navy pants & grey pants. Grey pants is a safe purchase.
Not everywhere.
Old Tue May 17, 2005, 02:10pm
Official Forum Member

Our association just asks us to match. I have the Navy, the Powder, the Cream and the Red. I probably wear the Powder 80% of the time, but I have one partner with the Navy that we will sometimes wear, and I'll pull out the Cream or Red for 1-umpire games on occasion. (The association just north of us wears the Cream shirt nearly all of the time).
Old Tue May 17, 2005, 09:00pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mcrowder
Our association just asks us to match. I have the Navy, the Powder, the Cream and the Red. I probably wear the Powder 80% of the time, but I have one partner with the Navy that we will sometimes wear, and I'll pull out the Cream or Red for 1-umpire games on occasion. (The association just north of us wears the Cream shirt nearly all of the time).
Yes, but we are discussing the ASA uniform.