The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat May 14, 2005, 09:31am
Official Forum Member

Smile

As a lurker reading up on the rules I would like to say thank you. This is my first year coaching a youth girls fast ball team and its been tough. This has been a learning experience for myself and all the girls on my team. When I said I would do it no one bothered to tell me I would be given 12 girls that have never played as opposed to the other teams that have been playing for years. Teaching them how to throw the ball and catch it was my main concern just teach them the fundamentals. Im trying to keep the girls spirits up trying to make practices as fun as possible but I am afraid they are getting to discouraged.Scores of 28 to 3 and 21 to 2 arent helping. Any Ideas on how I can build there confidence? They have improved so much since the first practice. Ive got them stealing and we are working on sliding. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You
Old Sat May 14, 2005, 10:31am
Official Forum Member

I am assuming they are playing at the proper level. If they are beginners don't play in the travel leagues/tourneys. Play in some local rec leagues. If they are in the rec leagues and getting killed my only advice would be practice,practice,practice....
Old Sat May 14, 2005, 12:08pm
Official Forum Member

Sortbllmom

Quote:
Originally posted by softbllmom
Any Ideas on how I can build there confidence?
Their confidence will start to come when the margin of loss becomes smaller. Their "first" win, whenever it comes, (and it will come) will never be forgotten (by you or them) for the rest of your lives. Now isn't that a pretty good target to shoot for?