The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Apr 15, 2005, 01:59pm
Official Forum Member

Wow, what a riot lol.

Yesterday we were getting set to call the plate conference and one of the pitchers came over to us and said "Hi, I've never played SB before and they want me to pitch."

hehe. O boy, let the good times roll!!
We obviously didn't want to coach her, but we did give her some basics, like foot on the rubber etc.

Another time in the 1st inning we had an Infield Fly Rule on and called the BR out. The pitcher was baffled. "Why is she out?" My reply, "Infield Fly Rule".

"What's that"
"Runners on 1st and 2nd, or loaded with less than two outs. Look it up in the rule book". (Which he obvisouly hadn't read).

Then the pitcher has the gaul to question some of my balls and strikes. He gave me a huge scank eye look on one pitch that hit the plate (no, batter didn't swing, so auto ball).

After putting up with him for a couple pitches I told the catcher "You might want to tell your pitcher to read the rule book before he starts laying in on the umpires. BTW, he can be ejected for argueing balls and strikes."

Next inning that pitcher came in with a big smile and a big attitude adjustment.

Any other funny Co-Ed mishaps?
Old Fri Apr 15, 2005, 02:22pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to jxt127
A few years ago after a slow roller to F4 the very nice looking young lady had her pants fall down running to 1st.

Shortstop was laughing too hard to throw.
Old Fri Apr 15, 2005, 02:27pm
Official Forum Member

one time, when calling a coed SP game.. I totally spilled my beer and dropped my hot dog.

Its royally sucked.

just goofin with you.
Old Fri Apr 15, 2005, 02:30pm
Official Forum Member

hehe wade...

Quote:
Originally posted by jxt127
A few years ago after a slow roller to F4 the very nice looking young lady had her pants fall down running to 1st.

Shortstop was laughing too hard to throw.

LOL!
Old Fri Apr 15, 2005, 02:35pm
Ref Ump Welsch

Red face

I had the mother of Coed teams last night! This team comes out and says none of them had ever played softball before.

They had no clue there was supposed to be 5 guys and 5 gals playing defense, didn't realize that you can strike out on the 2nd strike (this was USSSA by the way!), didn't know it was suppose to alternate male/female/etc. in the batting order, didn't know the guy automatically gets 2nd when he walks, etc. They even had their outfield playing so shallow even a double could turn into a homerun!

The other team (home team by the way) was loaded with a kid who was an all-state baseball pitcher (who ended up hitting for a triple and a homerun in the park), his dad who was a pretty good ball player back in his younger days and still is, and some gals who can hit screamers that scared the **** out of my partner. Game was over in 2 1/2 innings 16 to 0. Pathetic!