The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Mar 14, 2005, 09:15am
Official Forum Member

I have some sad news to report. For those of you that have worked with Graybill Daniel in ASA, NCAA or GHSA I feel you may wish to send a message to the family. An onlne Guestbook is available at
http://www.legacy.com/atlanta/Legacy...rsonId=3286184
Please remember his family in your prayers

The Bagman
Old Mon Mar 14, 2005, 10:35am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to buddha69
We will all miss you there Big Blue!!!!!!

You are home now!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Mon Mar 14, 2005, 10:48am
Official Forum Member

Sad news Bagman, I was unaware of the auto accident.

Graybill will be sorely missed, he was an icon of sorts in the softball world in this area for quite a while. Big shoes to fill.
Old Mon Mar 14, 2005, 01:45pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Bagman62
I have some sad news to report. For those of you that have worked with Graybill Daniel in ASA, NCAA or GHSA I feel you may wish to send a message to the family. An onlne Guestbook is available at
http://www.legacy.com/atlanta/Legacy...rsonId=3286184
Please remember his family in your prayers
Received a phone message from fellow board member Scott K on Friday about the same time I was talking to DC Commissioner, Jack Mowatt while at a regional clinic in the DC area. Jack had just talked to Graybill the previous evening. Graybill was heading toward Tallahassee to work a FSU game.

He was removed from life-support Friday evening. Even in his passing, Graybill helped others through organ donations. He will be missed.

Old Mon Mar 14, 2005, 01:52pm
Official Forum Member

Unhappy

Graybill was a great man and I considered him a friend.
Last year my son was in an accident and hospitalized in the Atlanta area.
Somehow Graybill found out and showed up at the hospital to see if we needed anything.
For 5 1/2 weeks he checked in while my son was in a coma.

I have had the priveledge of working with him on occassion and experienced his hopitality at Nationals there.

Sorely missed does not say enough.

Lend your support to Jimmy Derrick (UIC) and Katy (JO) and the others who will be in transition for a while.

Old Tue Mar 15, 2005, 06:31am
VaASAump

Like Mike Rowe, I too heard from Jack Mowatt, commissioner of Metro DC ASA on Friday nite about Graybill's passing. And like many in ASA world, still am in shock over it.

Had the great pleasure of meeting Graybill for the first time last summer at 18-U Gold nationals. Was truly impressed with his hospitality. Also had the grand opportunity to speak to him on our way to OKC in February for the National UIC clinic. Truly a great man, both in the softball world and out. Will greatly be missed.

Serg
Old Tue Mar 15, 2005, 08:30am
goldcoastump

Graybill was a very good man and I will miss him. I only wished that I was near Atlanta so that I could pay my respects. I met Graybill about 10 years ago in Peachtree City Ga. I considered him a friend and I will sorely miss him. Atlanta ASA will not be the same without him though I believe Jimmy and Katy will pickup the reins. Graybill helped both me and my son Dustin in our careers as he did many others. Goodbye Graybill and save me a place up there on the diamond.

Greg Barfield
Old Wed Mar 16, 2005, 11:39am
VaASAump

For anyone interested, here is the obituary for Graybill from the Atlanta local paper.

http://www.legacy.com/atlanta/Legacy...rsonId=3291167

May have to cut and paste.

Serg